Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

need help with a fitting for reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul alan

desperately trying to find a 3/4" female to 1/2" male swivel elbow.

have done away with all garden hose from van and today was supposed to be first day back at work but the swivel elbow i bought turns out to not swivel at all and pours water out unless tightened up to the point where it does not move.

where can i get one form??

or how can i connect my half inch steel braided hose to my three quarter inch hose reel connection without using garden hose??

take some pics for us to see,      i just got one from vyair, only £6 + posting,   load up with ptf tape on reel thread outlet,    just screw on and add hose pushfit onto it from pump to reel    have plenty of hose rolled up in case you need to get reel out of van without disconnecting it from reel.

Cant really see your problem ,  post a pic

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it its a washing machine or shower type  hose,  its about getting the screw thread  connectors,    let me know how you get on.

tab2.jpg

the swivel still has a pusfit fitting    for hozelock pushfit fitting from hose,      you will have to take a couple of pics when all done.

i cant see this swivel adapter being any different than brass ones,    unless they are more heavy and robust.

I've been thinking when I get a chance I will get my gardiners swivel elbow with male hoselock, but I will get a female to 1/2 inch thread fitting that can screw into my feed from pump. Hopefully will give high quality but also releasable fitting with no garden hose

the swivel still has a pusfit fitting    for hozelock pushfit fitting from hose,      you will have to take a couple of pics when all done.

i cant see this swivel adapter being any different than brass ones,    unless they are more heavy and robust.
the swivel has a barbed end instead of a hozelock style end.

The barb is screwed in with a 1/4" thread, just unscrew it and add some brass fittings to make it 1/2" and then it will connect directly to the flexi hose.

I already have the same thing on my 2nd reel, but i just could not find the listing for this particular fitting anywhere. It was only by reading through old posts on another forum that i found a link for it. 

They do these to fit their fitting you listed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-Hozelock-Quick-Release-Coupling-2-size-hose-tail-1-2-3-4-12-19mm/162815670381?hash=item25e891f86d:m:mMfkf_NrQJ3fP-dzXK8YHhQ

Just get some heavy duty hose such as 1/2" radiator hose if this is a permanent fixture.
I have two of them, was sent with the new reels over Christmas.

Its just the garden hose i don't want anywhere, i have spent a lot of time and effort plumbing my system in with 15mm copper and brass fittings. I'm confident it won't leak. The only part that was not copper was from 1/2" ball valve above the pump to the reel, because i have two fairly new swivel elbows and didn't want to spend more on new ones. So i connected with red washing machine hose and jubilee clips, it leaked a lot and i missed a day of work yesterday due to that and another issue (threaded spindle on reel x2). I really want to have 100% garden hose free installation.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
when you get it all connected up let us see.     something to consider.  have  you enough hose on reel in case you need to bring it out of van for easier hose access for  jobs away from van

I have never taken hose reel from van in 4 years!

I just reel it out, besides I have just had two steel hose guide's welded up for me and they work from two positions. One position in the van and then they extend out side of the van under the door, cost me £120 but well worth i think! Have not seen anything else like them before, I had the idea when trying to work out how to fix my steel roller guides but couldn't do it myself so had to get them done for me.

I have been doing the van for the last week, its been hard work and I'm still not done yet! Cant wait till its finished.

we all have ideas how to make our work easier,  its just sourcing the parts and how to fix them in to van.     good luck.     there will be lots viewing   hoping for some pics to getb  ideas for their vans.

lots of ideas on youtube though.

we all have ideas how to make our work easier,  its just sourcing the parts and how to fix them in to van.     good luck.     there will be lots viewing   hoping for some pics to getb  ideas for their vans.

lots of ideas on youtube though.
its done and pressure tested, it works! I'm happy!

will do a video soon.

glad you got it sorted, wait for a week or 2 and see if its all still leak free.     happy days

keep the links to all your fittings i may ask you 4 them if it all keeps leak free.    how have you linked it onto your reel swivel connextion. ?

Back