Work load

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by AJ windows, Nov 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

2 weeks ago I put my second van on the road. As things currently stand both vans are running at 75% capacity. What would you guys do next? 2 men in each van or another van with 1 man in?

Advertisement
  2. steele

steele Well-Known Member

I would think another van to make it more profitable. How are you getting all this work so quickly?

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I would add a man to each van, work twice as fast for no extra cost on vehicles/insurance etc.

I would also like to know how your gaining so much work! great stuff, well done.

4. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

Another van is what I was thinking also. In regards to gaining work 78% of my work is from referrals from my customers. 13% from people seeing my vans out and the rest from listings.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

78% from referrals and 13% from listings? Very accurate percentages there, you're not a mathematician are you :rofl:

6. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

Lol it's a must to know what's generating your work. So you know which areas to aim at or need improvement.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What is your staffing at the moment?

You say 2 vans are running at 75% each. By my maths that works out to 2 and a bit idle days total of your current vans per week. Why are you thinking of a 3rd van when you have over a week total per every 4 weeks of them not working?

Why not get both vans up to 100% then think about off loading some work onto a 3rd van?

Two in a van doesn't mean 1x2 work completed, others have stated it works out to 150% rather than 200%.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

That's interesting, would of thought two would mean twice the work, my mrs is coming with me I will get her working hard I tell ya lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

ANOTHER VAN THEN AFTER THAT put a extra person in each van wen its busier

10. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

This is why I asked mate. I've got one full timer at the moment. 2 men per van is ok in some circumstances but if some work is scattered then 2 men is pointless in my opinion. As you know I've only been going since July 2014 but gaining new customers most days without looking for it. Currently got 3 full streets now amongst my round. Wasn't expecting things to take off so good when I started Tbh. Commercial jobs are gradually , but I'm not targeting them. My goal is 5 vans I'm thinking and then leasing the rounds rather than employing. I think that's doable but will look at that at a later date.
    Running vans st 100% I don't think is a good idea as it leaves no time for poor weather, traffic etc.

Advertisement