Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self employed rates

WCF

Help Support WCF:

iv no knowledge of taking on self employed lads . one thing i know is i never will

because of the risk of a chunk of the round sliding out when the lad sees fit to take it

I have morals and even when the guy ****** me off i could never do that to someone

End of the day it is his livelihood and his kids food i would be taking off the table

But i suppose not everyone was brought up with a strong moral code

But of you are upfront about it and say look i am using my own gear and doing my own work on the weekend then no harm done as i pointed out to my old boss and he eventually agreed

I only left when he sold up and he was the sneaky bugger who told no one and left us with no work

Sometimes being honest doesn't pay..lol

getting your own work on the side eh- id sack u on the spot if i heard you gained any [to do later] in the time i was paying you . what about loyalty .
Actually it's part of our deal I'm allowed to go and get my own work and clean it using my boss's equipment and van. It was his idea I didn't have to ask. he's a cool boss like that /emoticons/smile.png

i cant see why any organized firm would take on subbies long term .

years ago i was a car mechanic and i took on a lad self employed as i was unsure about working out the lads deductions . after a while the tax office got in touch and paid me a visit in person and i was warned to get him on the books properly as he wasnt filing his taxes properly and i was liable . not only that the lad only brought in jobs that were pure barstewards . im struggling to remember why he left as its years ago now,but leave he surely did

years ago i was a car mechanic and i took on a lad self employed as i was unsure about working out the lads deductions . after a while the tax office got in touch and paid me a visit in person and i was warned to get him on the books properly as he wasnt filing his taxes properly and i was liable . not only that the lad only brought in jobs that were pure barstewards . im struggling to remember why he left as its years ago now,but leave he surely did
Previous post stated you had no knowledge of taking on a suby now your saying you once did??

I worked for a big cleaning company for over 15 years I was self employed had a different company and subbed (so to speak ) all my work , at one stage I was the only person with a first aid certificate the only person with Ipaf and the only person certified to work petrol station for courts as a result I was paid very very well and I just gave a receipt to the company

That's correct , if you employ someone on a self employed basis and if you supply anything like tools uniform van they should be employed as far as the tax man's concerned but they is ways round this

Previous post stated you had no knowledge of taking on a suby now your saying you once did??
id forgotten, long time ago . itseems its a case of dont do what i say do what i do// hang on thats wrong, its dont do what i do do what i say - HOW CAN I REMEDY IT AH YES> iV never employed a subbie In the 21st century and never will , [that bit added on makes it clearer]

Latest Posts

Back