Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Talk to me about hose reels

• Thread starter Solarpanelcleanington
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Solarpanelcleanington

At the moment I clean all my residential jobs from a backpack on a sack truck. However, I do carry a 650 tank with pump box and 100 metre hose for solar panel jobs, usually 200 panels a time.

Thinking of cleaning windows from the tank also, as im all for saving time and earning more but know my cheap hose reel won't last being worked hard for a week.

What hose reel do you all use?

What do you wish you used?

Which ones should I avoid?

Cheers

Ole

Although I wouldNT really recommend using a cheap hose reel you might be surprised how long they last. I started with £30 plastic hoselock one 18 months ago and I still use it today.I want a new one but this one is ok I don't reel in after every job now I just throw the hose in the van and reel it up at the end of the day find it much quicker and easier.

I agree with the hose lock reel, iv a clover reel and it's too heavy compared to the hose lock. Saying that iv 30m more hose on it. My uncles have been using hose lock from they started using wfp about 7 years ago. I think they've replaced them once if even

i keep mine light by using 60-70m on it.

i find thats enough for 95% of my work, the other 5% i use the trolley.

dont think ill bother upgrading till i can afford a power up one

Are you guys lifting the reel in and out? Is fixing it to the van a better option?

I lift mine in and out for the fact I can pull up anyway and point the reel in any direction I need it, I'd imagine it to be a nuisance bolted in for the way I Park etc

I used a hozelock reel just as a stop gap before getting a good reel, that was about a year ago and its still going fine, only have 60m on it but not needed more yet.

I always put the rel on the floor can point it where your going and pull hose of much easier.

If parking is no issue ( I mostly clean detached places with space) then is it best to bolt it down? Is there some sort of turntable you can mount them on? That'd be ace.

That way most have the hose going through a roller so it works from any angle.

I just find it better to have it on the floor, but do what works for you, no right or wrong.

I started with a metal claber hose reel from gardnier had no problem with it at all nice and light and compact and hold 100 meters of micro and are cheep at around 40.00 .now i use the ionic stainless reels as i managed to pick up 2 cheep which are lovely but a bit heavy.

Back