Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The hottest thing since before hot wfp!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I don't know if many of you bother with this little trick, it was passed onto me by a fella that had been in the business for years and I myself have used it for years yet every time I meet another window cleaner checking out my gear they seem surprised that I use a 'cool box' and not a bucket.

Fill with hot water at breakfast and it will still be hot at lunch time.

Also has lid so does not spill in back of car.

Helps keep the cold off the fingers.

And as the WFP boys keep on... Hot water cleans better....

You can get from a car boot sale for about £2 you can get from Wilkos for about £10 or you probably got one in your garage doing nothing.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Cheers.

cooler_box_ice_box.jpg

All it is is some sort of foam core insulation, works the same as pizza bags for keeping pizza hot.

And yes it does work , if this does not give you 4 hours min of hot water I will send you a four pack of the cheapest nastiest ASDA own brand beers to keep cold in there instead. /emoticons/tongue.png

people will give you some looks when they think you are off for a picnic in the snow /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm guessing it will go cold if you forget to put the lid back on the cooler? /emoticons/biggrin.png

An excellent idea. I myself do something similar. As I use a spray and not a bucket, I keep my water in 5 litre plastic bottles, and if it's very cold, stand them (with the spray bottles) on a radiator overnight, and then put them into a polystyrene box. And it really does work.

It's not about the cold hands daveyboy, it's more about how warm water seems to do the job better than water that is almost freezing. Perhaps it's just me but when warm (especially using traditional methods) the water does a better job than cold.

It can but it's got to be colder than a snowmans cold bits with god awful wind chill etc, it takes a whole number of factors for the water to freeze, I have had it freeze on one occasion in 8 years and that was when trying to get caught up and working after the sun had dropped off the horizon then the water started to freeze as quick as I was applying it but that's the only time.

It's not that cold that you have to use a picnic bloody hamper as a bucket for god sake lol its UK not siberia , man up

Back