Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello from yet another newbie....

M

MikeNW

Hi all,

Newbie alert! Sorry, i'm sure you get sick of people with a load of daft questions! Background is, we currently do house cleaning (well, the missus and a girl that works for us does). I do some cleans with her - mainly empty houses, one off end of tenancy etc - no chance am I climbing over Mrs old lady and dusting her mantlepeice - its not my thing /emoticons/wink.png

Rest of the time I drive a wagon on a casual self employed basis, agency etc. Sitting on my backside is killing me, I need to be out and about doing a bit! Dont mind graft, or being outdoors all year. Weve had a few enquiries about window cleaning over recent months so its time i got a basic wfp setup!

Im off to read the forums - can see this is going to take some time! Will be back later for help choosing between a couple of options ive come up with!

Cheers,

Mike

Hello and welcome

My advice would be to look into getting a portable system (backpack or trolley) to start with if you're going to be offering window cleaning as an add on service to the cleaning business. There's loads of different suppliers but I'd recommend looking at the Gardiner website. A Gardiner backpack and an SLX 25 would be a good start. Have a look on google and see if there are any pure water suppliers in your area. If there isn't you'll need to look at making your own.

Thats the plan! Guessing from your profile pic that you are speaking from experience!

Back