working from a small car!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark, Aug 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

my transit was tied up with jobs needing doing today.any one work from a small car?it was horrendous,two of us,trolley barrels,everything.we got there in the end though.forgot to say it was a Nissan micra[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Pre-2004 micra? If it's four door you can get roof bars, would be a nice work vehicle :thumbsup:

The later ones look a bit naf to me, a bit feminine

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

I agree jimroot.this is an older one.wow it was still hard work,couldnt do it on a regular basis.you could get away with it if trad I suppose.not knocking trad have been doing that since making the switch.you don't realise how much **** you have to carry[​IMG]

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

You can get a massive pole in there though, like 8ft down into the footwell, can't do that in most bigger cars!

If I was trad I'd certainly consider a four door micra with roof bars, easy to park, cheap to insure and run...

I'd miss my van though

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I have a citigo i use for my work it fits all trad gear, ladders et. But also my backpack, 35ft unger wfp pole, 90 liters of water and my dog and his cage :D i like it nice cheap to drive.

6. Poles Apart

I have a Berlingo Multispace, it's a brilliant all round vehicle and it's a car. Can fold one or both seats down when required? Not even got a tank in there just use backpacks, poles with Aquadapters, using only Sureclean high pressure pole hose as my main hose (just dispensed with Microbore), I can get 300 litres in containers 2 backpacks, 2 poles, a trolley and all my tools and bits in it as there are loads of storage bins in these brilliant vehicles can earn £200 per day no problem and in a flash it's a family vehicle.

7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I use a rover 25, not a small car exactly but small enough, i use a trolley on some parts of my round with 25l containers, i can fit x9 at a push but rarely use more than 4 as i trad the bottoms. Its a pain really which is why i still ladder most of my round.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I am using an astra at the mo but since defecting to the dark side i definitely need a van
    150l of water makes a difference to the handling for sure

Advertisement