Working In Rain?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by JBC88, Mar 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Hey all newbie here...in recent years the weather has been pretty naff over all wet summers cold snow filled winters.if thinks continue im considering working in rain cos its getting harder to make a living without weather holding you back.

Do you ever work in rain?
    What do you say to your customers to convince them cleaning in rain wont mucky windows straight away?
    Im wary of losing customers if i do it but fact is we are cleaning last months muck off windows not the muck thats hasnt built up on window yet lol..but dont think customers would have it if i said that.

What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

I clean in rain all the time :) i cleaned in very heavy rain a few tyms aswell :p

Had a few customers saying its raining i say to them it wont make a difference if ur not happy call me n ill redo em for free :)

On the other hand 1 customer wouldnt hav it so i jus dumped her n replaced

3. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Yeah i work in light rain but not heavy lol..im gonna go for it n see how they react.i suppose if i say ill do them again foe free if not happy with clean then it adds weight toy argument.

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

If I have to I will, trad only very light but I've done it in torrential on first cleans when it's more about the frames than the glass. WFP I might clean in moderate rain as long as its not windy.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Put it this way if I don't work when it's raining then I would do very little.

Heavy rain, high winds, freezing temps and snow/ice is my biggest headache to be honest.

6. dth

dth Active Member

Just get them cleaned mate dont worrry about it, i find that a 1 or 2 customers can be a bit funny about it but for me them type of customers are not worth bothering about if you loose them you loose them, there's always other customers round the corner.

If you didnt work every time it looked like rain or didnt work when it rains you would never work. When i first started last year i used to worry about it but now i just get them done.

7. dth

dth Active Member

Thats what ive done to a couple of customer when they have turned me away because of the weather. DUMP EM, not worth the hassle.

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

No different than cleaning their windows and it raining 10 mins later..

9. dth

dth Active Member

Exactly mate. :) :) :)

10. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

People don't understand that logic though...lol

Advertisement