Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI van system without RO...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

I always made pure water at home in tank with RO system then have resin tank in van to bring water down to 000

But I'm moving beyond my control an will not be able to have a tank at home nor in the van because of the length of time it takes plus the waste hose.. I can't park near house, but I can use a outside tap but not for hours.

I am moving to a block of flats, which is s**t but nothing I can do right now..

I am thinking of using just DI system in van would mean using more resin.. But its a short term fix to a annoying problem..

Does anyone else use a van system which is just a DI system do you have any problems with the water being pure..

I normally use around 200L a day on average an probably once a week 400L.. So very roughly around 1200-1400L a week

Is that going to cost thru the roof for resin.. I am hoping to use one bag a month..

I was thinking to have two tanks, good resin an then second tank used resin from before..

Any thoughts would be great...

I always made pure water at home in tank with RO system then have resin tank in van to bring water down to 000
But I'm moving beyond my control an will not be able to have a tank at home nor in the van because of the length of time it takes plus the waste hose.. I can't park near house, but I can use a outside tap but not for hours.

I am thinking of using just DI system in van would mean using more resin.. But its a short term fix to a annoying problem..

Does anyone else use a van system which is just a DI system do you have any problems with the water being pure..

I normally use around 200L a day on average an probably once a week 400L.. So very roughly around 1200-1400L a week

Is that going to cost thru the roof for resin.. I am hoping to use one bag a month..

I was thinking to have two tanks, good resin an then second tank used resin from before..

I use same system

I have RO but got fed up with it being slow and loads of waste water . 20 l tank on trolley at home

11 l in van for top up - works great - BUT we have water of about 100 tds - what's yours?

I use same systemI have RO but got fed up with it being slow and loads of waste water . 20 l tank on trolley at home

11 l in van for top up - works great - BUT we have water of about 100 tds - what's yours?

It's around 250tds here, also my van tank is 400L..

It's around 250tds here, also my van tank is 400L..
Your van tank is irrelevant

I mean 20 l DI Vessel ( not tank)

250 will cost bit more in resin but do an extra £10 house a week it's covered

Your van tank is irrelevantI mean 20 l DI Vessel ( not tank)

250 will cost bit more in resin but do an extra £10 house a week it's covered
Yes, I heard you can add a water softener too, to reduce the tds you ever used that?

Not needed to so noHave you got aquadapter it makes a difference over the day
No, but I might invest, see them a while ago, but I didn't really need then but now might be worth while..

No, but I might invest, see them a while ago, but I didn't really need then but now might be worth while..
We'll they save a lot of water - but I hate the orange hose it coils round your leg

Hehe, I created a app for window cleaning.. cleanersadmin.co.uk
Ok I been wondering about that - I simply use a spreadsheet with dates on etc

What's the use of your app then ?

Ok I been wondering about that - I simply use a spreadsheet with dates on etcWhat's the use of your app then ?
Well you can add customers, jobs an booking.. Then you see a basic list or booking an each time you complete the next recurring one shows up. You can keep track of bookings in customers accounts etc. Is basic in the sense it doesn't contain any fancy stuff it's just the basics but great for scheduling jobs and keeping track

Well you can add customers, jobs an booking.. Then you see a basic list or booking an each time you complete the next recurring one shows up. You can keep track of bookings in customers accounts etc. Is basic in the sense it doesn't contain any fancy stuff it's just the basics but great for scheduling jobs and keeping track
Ok I will check it out

At 5600 liters a month with a TDS of 250 you will use approx 4 bags of resin per month - 1 bag per week. You might be able to extend that by adding another di vessel and running them both in 'tandem.'

Adding a water softener will not help your tap tds at all. A water softener (wrong name for it) replaces calcium and magnesium ions for sodium ions. So after your water softener the tds will still be about 250. Removing these ions is a big asset to prolonging the life of your membranes, but won't help as far as resin usage is concerned.

At 5600 liters a month with a TDS of 250 you will use approx 4 bags of resin per month - 1 bag per week. You might be able to extend that by adding another di vessel and running them both in 'tandem.'
Adding a water softener will not help your tap tds at all. A water softener (wrong name for it) replaces calcium and magnesium ions for sodium ions. So after your water softener the tds will still be about 250. Removing these ions is a big asset to prolonging the life of your membranes, but won't help as far as resin usage is concerned.
Thanks for the advice. That would be alot of resin.

I was thinking of using this: http://www.windowcleaningstuff.co.uk/brushes-poles-accessories/997-aquatap.html to save water then moving around houses, anyone use it..

Anyone have any tips to reduce tds in water, or use less...

Thanks for the advice. That would be alot of resin.
I was thinking of using this: http://www.windowcleaningstuff.co.uk/brushes-poles-accessories/997-aquatap.html to save water then moving around houses, anyone use it..

Anyone have any tips to reduce tds in water, or use less...

I don't have one but I do use an Aquadapter on all 3 of my poles. My son also uses 1 on his pole.

Some have started to use Aquataps and prefer them to Aquadapters, but others don't get on with them. Both of these do add noticeable weight to the end of your pole.

I didn't like the tap arrangement secured to the base of my pole due to the hose loop. My son in law uses that on his pole.

Currently Aquadapters aren't available as the designer has a new valve concept on the go. Rumour has it that its apparently a valve that sits inside the pole and will be very light in weight - weighing around 10g. It will be called a Uni-valve. The first batch should be available in about 6 weeks time.

ya a knowledgable guy mr spruce love your posts...great post very relevant to cheapy at the mo as that is his next mod....I have had a tap for ages and was going to do a duncs and stick it on my head...well not my head but....anyways will keep an eye out...sure need to do something water water every where is getting boring....and I can so so remember the stitch last week running around in the rain and dark ...

look the one window looked nearer than thirty metres ....so all thirty metres out I was two foot short and had to leg it back to backpack cross muddy grass....no I didnt end up on my ass but near...some peoples say I have already got a head tapped but I dont know....:rofl:

ya a knowledgable guy mr spruce love your posts...great post very relevant to cheapy at the mo as that is his next mod....I have had a tap for ages and was going to do a duncs and stick it on my head...well not my head but....anyways will keep an eye out...sure need to do something water water every where is getting boring....and I can so so remember the stitch last week running around in the rain and dark ...
look the one window looked nearer than thirty metres ....so all thirty metres out I was two foot short and had to leg it back to backpack cross muddy grass....no I didnt end up on my ass but near...some peoples say I have already got a head tapped but I dont know....:rofl:
yeh mr cheap i have them red taps on top of all my poles works great for me, just remember to switch them on before you extend your pole ,otherwise you will be sick laddie.

Yes MR Cheap we are lucky to have mr spruce he lurks in the background then pounces

with his advice helped me out many times with his knowledge

Latest Posts

Back