Working off a ladder maybe not worth the risk

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by sllab, Oct 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sllab

sllab Active Member

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That is why when it is occasionally unavoidable you use an ankalad and microlite so the only feasible way of coming off is to fall off not have the ladder fall
    It is unfortunate that it happens occasionally (i know of a sattelite fitter who fell from between the bottom and top windows on a normal 2 floor house but landed funny and broke his neck) but all we can do is be as safe as possible
    I spent years trad and much prefer wfp for tops alleviating the risk but have no issues with someone who doesn't want to risk ladder work
    Look on youtube at wfp vids and see how many idiots say "what a load of rubbish..just because you are scared of ladders"
    Personally i have no fear of ladders which is probably unhealthy but do whatever makes you feel safe
    End of the day we all have families we want to go home to after work

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. The tattood one

The tattood one Active Member

I used to work 4 floors on ladders...lyte ladders aswell.not light diy twaddle....take trees down upto 100ft with rope n ladder so not bothered by height...it just so much easier from the floor with wfp....it my choice....if you fall...you fall...3ft off pointy...lol done that...f shoelace under ladder.or from 18ft or more.....i know windy who got plate in head.1 got broke hip...me.got ostio arthritis in knee joint......

4. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I enjoy ladder work at times
    Just set up ladder safe and don't rush no problem

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

The thought of a ladder makes me feel ill lol

i dont even like using step ladders to do inside of conny roofs as i feel high up :laugh:

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If you take the number of folks using laders today and the number of serious injuries that will occour today the risks are pretty low if you take all relevant steps and precautions.

Please don't BS customes about it being an insurance issue though as many know better and are just too polite to say.

7. johnny bravo

always use stabiliser when doing gutter cleans. if too high i wont touch them, i just pass them on. Imagine ending up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, having to rely on your partner or family to look after you, and having to clean up after you have a pish & shite, nightmare.. At least you can still WFP with one leg. DONT RISK IT to please your customers. They wont look after you .

8. David K

David K Forum Addict

I always say I prefer not to use the ladders due to safety hazards,and that's why we have invested in this fine equipment ( then I point to my van ) ,they smile , we laugh ,and yet again,my agenda has prevailed! :hehehe:

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

Advertisement