Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses on average do you guys clean a day?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

there's a reason why I mainly clean peoples windows on benefits, I pay tax they take the benefits I get it back after cleaning there windows lol strange world we live in /emoticons/smile.png

I am having the day off today

Wife and son at home so i am relaxing too

Just done 2 hours in the gym with son and now feel like i could throw up but i still feel great

I once worked with a chap that said everyone should work regardless. I tend to agree, I am totally against putting into a system that I know will never do a damn thing for me or my family.
By everyone having the ability to work he reckoned that even those paralyzed from the neck down could still lick stamps.

I was talking to a woman on benefits - she gets about on a scooter paid for by benefits, has a house and all bills paid for by benefits, has a brand new 14 plate car you can drive the scooter into the back of........as well as her road tax and insurance is covered by her disability................you got it, paid for by benefits.

She doesn't use the car to transport the scooter, her husband uses it to take their stash of toys and memorabilia around 4 different car boot sales a week where she is bragging about making £300+ per day.

That's the same monthly take home that I get from grafting my tits off 4 weeks a month and then they want 20% of it to give to her?

Hmmm................... this system really works, it's so fair for those of us that have a work ethic.

I once worked with a chap that said everyone should work regardless. I tend to agree, I am totally against putting into a system that I know will never do a damn thing for me or my family.
By everyone having the ability to work he reckoned that even those paralyzed from the neck down could still lick stamps.

I was talking to a woman on benefits - she gets about on a scooter paid for by benefits, has a house and all bills paid for by benefits, has a brand new 14 plate car you can drive the scooter into the back of........as well as her road tax and insurance is covered by her disability................you got it, paid for by benefits.

She doesn't use the car to transport the scooter, her husband uses it to take their stash of toys and memorabilia around 4 different car boot sales a week where she is bragging about making £300+ per day.

That's the same monthly take home that I get from grafting my tits off 4 weeks a month and then they want 20% of it to give to her?

Hmmm................... this system really works, it's so fair for those of us that have a work ethic.
20% really? I live in scotland and i have to pay 27% does anyone know why that is?

Haha good one. No i know if you are self employed and work on a building site for someone else it is 20% but i think if it's your own business it's 27%. Well that's what i pay

guys, guys no bickering! As others have already said, less houses more money is the idea. You decide what you want to earn, you'll find the work that's willing to pay. If u set sights on £15 an hour you'll find a lot of work, £20,£30 even £40 an hour is perfectly possible but you'll have to work harder to find the work. After 17 years of trad I aim for 250 a day, some days pay more, some less. Don't undervalue your time, you won't stick at it otherwise. Happy window cleaning!

I don't have an hourly target except as much as possible

However i do have a minimum that i won't go below when quoting as i work a quote out by how long a job will take me which is pretty easy to judge after this long in the game

But there is a difference between how long it takes me when i quote and do the first cleans compared to what it actually takes me from then on so i am always quids in

At the end of the day, is it worth getting hung up on the amount of houses you do, hourly rates etc.

Are you happy?, are all bills paid?, do you earn enough to save a little and have a nice holiday?. Do you enjoy the freedom this job allows you?. If so, then just relax and enjoy your wonderful life!

I

I don't have an hourly target except as much as possibleHowever i do have a minimum that i won't go below when quoting as i work a quote out by how long a job will take me which is pretty easy to judge after this long in the game

But there is a difference between how long it takes me when i quote and do the first cleans compared to what it actually takes me from then on so i am always quids in
Now then Daveyboy.....why werent you out supporting Stevenage tonight?/emoticons/wink.png

We gotta play em again thursday

I don't go much anymore now i am busy my son plays rugby and has gone off football and he was the main reason i went to borough games

We gotta play em again thursdayI don't go much anymore now i am busy my son plays rugby and has gone off football and he was the main reason i went to borough games
I love a day at the footy....with loads of beer before and after. Top day out!

Back