Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Sundays

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, I'm going away next week but got some customers left over from a round that I don't want to get split up about 3-4hrs left over. They're pretty new customers too (2nd or 3rd clean) so I don't want to annoy them. Do you ever work Sundays? And do you find the customers mind?

thanks /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yes ive worked sundays. No issues at all.

Ive found customers quite like it.

Also benifits include

Minimal traffic gets day done faster

More people at home watching you and approaching for cards etc.

I wouldn't be happy someone cleaning my windows on a Sunday. Most people are off and it's family time or they are nursing their hangover. I would do commercial if I wanted to though

In my opinion it will make you look desperate.

I most certainly wouldn't be happy with a window cleaner turning up at my house on a Sunday.

Last of all, why would you want too. Go to the pub, go fishing, go to a restaurant etc. Great day to enjoy yourself. Just got back from the pub myself, wouldn't dream of doing a Sunday. Sorry, but you did ask /emoticons/smile.png

you have 2nd and 3rd clean customers that you don't want to annoy and your thinking of cleaning them on a Sunday, better to miss them out altogether and catch up next month. better still miss some well established customers so you have time to fit them in during normal working hours

I worked Sundays, no drama at all, just another day of the week. If they're in and the weathers been bad I just blame it, or I explain I'm really busy, or jokingly say "no rest for the wicked". Never been turned away of had a grumble about it, 99% of people think we earn sweet fa, so have to graft that much harder. Little do they know...:rolleyes:

Never, not for windows anyway. If i had a really really good one off job come in maybe.

I would feel very awkward doing it for a start but most importantly i have better things to do like go fishing or ride my bike or sit in my pants scratching my bottom.

Im going away for a week end of this month. i wont even tell them, im quite often a week behind anyway. If i was going away for longer a simple text telling them im away for a couple of weeks so your next clean will be delayed is all thats needed.

If anyone begrudged me a holiday i would begrudge to clean there windows anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end I just did two 1st clean customer's who really wanted them doing this week. Thought they might get somebody else if I leave it till I come back off holiday. Reach for the glass was right though! Someone saw me and asked for a quote and I've a new customer now :thumbsup:

In the end I just did two 1st clean customer's who really wanted them doing this week. Thought they might get somebody else if I leave it till I come back off holiday. Reach for the glass was right though! Someone saw me and asked for a quote and I've a new customer now :thumbsup:
That could happen on any day.

Good luck to those who want to work every hour gods sends. Personally, I think there's more to life /emoticons/smile.png

I occasionally do if behind. On my first clean tickets it has info on the service and one thing it states is that i may work the occasional Sunday through winter...otherwise the round could fall behind for all customers. That's what the ticket says.

Betwen 11am and 4 I would do this. No earlier. Maybe even 12pm onward.

Never, not for windows anyway. If i had a really really good one off job come in maybe.
I would feel very awkward doing it for a start but most importantly i have better things to do like go fishing or ride my bike or sit in my pants scratching my bottom.

Im going away for a week end of this month. i wont even tell them, im quite often a week behind anyway. If i was going away for longer a simple text telling them im away for a couple of weeks so your next clean will be delayed is all thats needed.

If anyone begrudged me a holiday i would begrudge to clean there windows anymore.
I hope to catch up on my week behind this week and then going on holiday in may to be another week behind ! I always find its better to be behind anyway

I hope to catch up on my week behind this week and then going on holiday in may to be another week behind ! I always find its better to be behind anyway
Ive never known anyone moan about me being behind. Start as you mean to go on imo. I dont give set days and tell them all form the start it's 4 weekly but it could be any day of the week and may at times be 5 weekly as with the weather etc it's impossible to be exact.

Never known anyone moan about me being behind. Does anyone really notice a week or two?

I like the fact I'm not stacked out with work as that would stress me out eith it all piling up but as it is I know 2-3 days starting a bit earlier and finishing an hour or so later will soon have me caught up.

I usually work most Sundays from about 6am (commercial only) sooooo much easier, no congestion charge, free parking & London is so quiet then....

I have done the occasional domestic job for similar reasons. Parking in town is about £6 an hour so you can easily do £40+ in parking charges. Does feel good when I avoid that.

Rarely if ever work on Fridays or Saturdays and if the weathers been great then halfday on the Thursday :thumbsup:

I sometimes do half a day works on Saturday & Sunday morning and i love it. My weekends customers are the ones with no access to the back garden and want their inside windows cleaned too.

Before i leave my customers house they always book me in to come back every 8 weeks regardless of what the weather will be like which is perfect for me, i don't do weekend morning laying about in bed. I rather be out and about and it a bloody good earner.

It a London thing i reckon, we don't do Sunday we have two Saturdays.

I sometimes do half a day works on Saturday & Sunday morning and i love it. My weekends customers are the ones with no access to the back garden and want their inside windows cleaned too.
Before i leave my customers house they always book me in to come back every 8 weeks regardless of what the weather will be like which is perfect for me, i don't do weekend morning laying about in bed. I rather be out and about and it a bloody good earner.

It a London thing i reckon, we don't do Sunday we have two Saturdays.
I'm not being rude or cocky here, honest I'm not, but a genuine question, don't you have any hobbies or a social life? Working every weekend seems a little bit sad i.m.o.

Don't be offended, I'm genuinely interested

Ive never known anyone moan about me being behind. Start as you mean to go on imo. I dont give set days and tell them all form the start it's 4 weekly but it could be any day of the week and may at times be 5 weekly as with the weather etc it's impossible to be exact.
Never known anyone moan about me being behind. Does anyone really notice a week or two?

I like the fact I'm not stacked out with work as that would stress me out eith it all piling up but as it is I know 2-3 days starting a bit earlier and finishing an hour or so later will soon have me caught up.
100% agree mate , I'm packed out and stressing. Don't no why because when I go to clean the windows it's not like they are moaning where have you been

Back