Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do You Think?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

OK. So i have been on the phone to local.com over past few days. They advertise your wesite and guarentee your website get a 1000 hits a month.

They suggerst if 1% come in from calls from those 1000 hits then thats between 1-3 calls a week.

There is lots more to it, the cost for a 15 month campaing in £240 inc of vat.

Im really interested, but quite naive at times.

What do you all think please?.

yell said something like that to me, so being a new business i thought i would try it,

after a year, only one maybe 2 calls from it, and they was one offs,

If you want to generate traffic to your website why don't you try Google Ad words. I think they have an offer at the moment for new customers who spend £25 get £100 free

£16 per month.. 1000 hits a month, how can they tell you you will get 1% call backs? How many of the 1000 will already have a window cleaner?

£16 per month.. 1000 hits a month, how can they tell you you will get 1% call backs? How many of the 1000 will already have a window cleaner?
Surely the hits would be people searching for windowcleaners?

It's a scam, your website is already on page 1, so you will be seen by locals looking for a window cleaner.. If that offer for Adwords is £25 for free £100 do that.. That will get you more work over a few months for £25 than £240 over 15 months will!

These companies will tell you anything to get you to sign up.. Best ones are from yell.. Telling you this is best for your business, can you afford not too? Lol.. A tip I got from here is to just tell them sorry you have too many customers and you want rid of some

Agree with above at the end of the day they want your money and will sell you what you want to hear. Listen to yourself, if you are asking us you really know the answer yourself. Good luck

Shazzy692002

and hope you get loads more customers... /emoticons/smile.png

To be fair, i do have enough customers, but i want to drop another day and pay someone else. To do that i need more.lol. Plus i want to expand to cleaning. Your all right tho, have decided against it.

Thanks for pushing me in the rite direction..

instrength what with the link?. lol

As Belfast said Sharon you're already page 1, needs a bit of work for the cleaning as theres more competition but use the free stuff ie: freeindex, yell, thomson, igoogle.

Apart from those coming above you and google+ listings you come out tops so not a lot of work to do for window cleaning, google+ ya haven't received the card yet I presume but when it does you'll do better for the cleaning and other areas.

Qype felixstowe get on as well its a bit like freeindex.

You should just go and look for 4 or 5 new customers average price of £20... That should cover your mans wages for the day, and only be about 2-3 hours work..

I tried yell aswell got 2 phone calls from customers one was a one off didn't do it the other I got as a regular still didn't pay for the years advertising I got loads of company's ringing me trying to sell me more advertising some legit some obvious scammers really wasn't worth the hassle since I canceeled it and removed my free listing of there I hardly get any bogus callers now were as before I was getting 2-3 a week

Oh ****, thats not good. Bit gutted reading that, as sounded quite good. Yell is also a big company.
I have a free yell addy online, got a few jobs from it + extra on street after doing those...

Go with free ad from yell Thomson local etc but don't commit to anything more than that the sales are great over sell the product promise the earth when I was naive took two massive full yellow pages adverts in two sections not one enquiry my mate also had free ads one liners had loads of calls helped him on a few jobs the customers said they didn't think I would be reasonably priced and expected to get ripped because of the size of advert and most go for the free 1 liners yell don't like it cause it costs em

Sharon you could make a big thing out of being a female window cleaner as I'm sure local media would be interested in your story and best of all you would not have to pay a penny for advertising either. Possibly also worth mentioning too that due to the success of your business you are now recruiting and looking to employ more female window cleaners .

Always worth a try :rolleyes:

Sharon you could make a big thing out of being a female window cleaner as I'm sure local media would be interested in your story and best of all you would not have to pay a penny for advertising either. Possibly also worth mentioning too that due to the success of your business you are now recruiting and looking to employ more female window cleaners .
Always worth a try :rolleyes:
I have advertised a a local lady etc, Dont think its made any difference. But i had the same thoughts as you.

I have had adds in local paper and flyers, It dont generate enough business to cover costs. But thanks for the advise.

Well i have cancelled my £240 quote, glad i came on here and asked, thanks for all the feedback, really is appreciated.

I need to grow some balls (or tits lol) and go canvassing. but im scared haha.

Wish i had a whizz-biz at half the price haha. x

I have advertised a a local lady etc, Dont think its made any difference. But i had the same thoughts as you.
I have had adds in local paper and flyers, It dont generate enough business to cover costs. But thanks for the advise.

Well i have cancelled my £240 quote, glad i came on here and asked, thanks for all the feedback, really is appreciated.

Just go out and do it, one day you`ll not be able too and regret it..... (need to follow my own advise too). I think the weekend would be an easier time, ppl are more relaxed and when i work weekends always pick more jobs up with ppl being in....

I'm not on about paid advertising but getting local papers etc interested in running an article regarding your story of being a successful female window cleaner in a predominant male profession.

Back