Working Temperature?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Jan 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

HI guys

my first winter working as most of you know, things going great with the help of a good friend and fellow window cleaner Kev who has helped a lot and given me work...... loving it and clod doesn't really bother me but just wondered what temperature do you guys not clean in using wfp? or does it make no difference ? was thinking of water freezing outside property or on glass issues etc

be grateful of advice ? is there a temp cut off point for this process etc? cheers

Paul1

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Stop when the water won't come out the jets. Crack on!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I work until I can't feel my fingers

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I'd have been home by 8.05 this morning if I packed up when I couldn't feel my fingers ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I was home by 9am, ******* freezing here

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Top tip. Take an extra flask of warm water to pour on the brush jets if they freeze. Minus 3 roughly the water starts freezing at the bottom of the glass

7. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

It warmed up by 9am where I am. It's that first hour that kills me. I've just ordered some waterproof thermal gloves which should be here on Saturday.

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Its only my 2nd winter so ive not known it bad enough to stop me. it freezes overnight so might need to do some de frosting in the morning but day temps are about 2-4 degrees where i am so shouldnt cause a problem in use.

Temperature doesnt worry me, just have a few spare pairs of gloves in the van, spare pair of boots and socks in case. the body doesnt get cold really, sweating like a pig at the speed i go most of the time.

9. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

It's only my second winter too. I was trad last winter and had some days when the water from the applicator was freezing as soon as it touched the glass.

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

i had my hoses freeze but once thawed out no problem. The solution is to run the system dry when finished. not much chance of freezing 500l tank unless its below freezing for a prolonged period. more worried about my R.O in the shed

Advertisement