Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp and leaded Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amos

Hi guys so please with my WFP system I have not had a chance to clean leaded windows does the system work just as good on leaded windows as normal glass thanks for any feed back !

Hi guys so please with my WFP system I have not had a chance to clean leaded windows does the system work just as good on leaded windows as normal glass thanks for any feed back !
It works better as the brush gets right into the corners of the lead. On old style lead watch out for any water leaking inside and leeching of dirt out of any crevasses. Rinse well!

I do quite a lot of leaded windows modern one I mean I use flocked brushes either sill or ultimate just glides of them much better than my medium mix.

I do plenty old style. Thin glass and very flimsy. Some water leaks in but they expect it.

Clean gently.

I clean a lot of leaded windows real one's not b&q stick on shat. Flocked brush and do not push hard or the lead work will bow in and possibly glass can fall out. And you can bet your house they will leak. The one's I clean are roughly 18x24 inches made up of diamond shaped glass and they are £500 a panel. If you have to clean the inside watch your hands real leads have metal bars running across them and they are tied to gether with wire and the ends will cut like a razor.

Go gentle, very gentle.

And angle the brush up a bit further so that your able to brush down with the bristles tucked under as they go down the window (quite difficult to explain in words!).........basically what you are trying to avoid is meeting the lead head on with brush as this will def increase the risk of damaging the lead.

If you have to clean the inside watch your hands real leads have metal bars running across them and they are tied together with wire and the ends will cut like a razor.
i know what you mean Andy - did one last week!

kept catching both my scrim and my knuckles on the wire ties... flipping awful!

1a79c644e6c6c76ae54eff1eb09fa404.jpg
all lead windows inside & out today.. Wfp long hard day & this is just 1 side of the property

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

mat could you reach them top windowsgd job
Yes we have a 6 year old streamline pole it's old it weighs a tone but it still does the job for these high windows.. When up there from inside we may have to give them a wipe over by hand as you may know the old old led windows are always a pain to get spotless & there's always a bit missed.. Secondary glazed inside also so all those main windows are corridors going from one side of the building to the other all having to lift big pains out to get to the led windows & putting them back again.. Nightmare!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Back