Working Too Slow?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rugbywolf, Jun 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

[SIZE=12pt]I think of myself as an efficient worker, therefore fast, but I do worry that my customers [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]won’t like it if I’m too fast, so I will tend, sometimes, to slow down a bit. I was working one[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]day last week when a windy I know (wfp) came along, we stopped and chatted, and then [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]went back to work. He did one front with a double bay up and down and a three bed [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]detached all round in fifteen minutes. £5 and £10. As it happens I saw him again today, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]and as we were talking he mentioned that he charged a pound a minute. So I thought, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]sod that, and I’ve been working at full speed today, and will so in the future.[/SIZE]

Advertisement
  2. petehughesy

petehughesy Active Member

A pound a minute??

3. Carlwindy

Carlwindy Active Member

Pound a min, £60 ph, good goin that I do water fed and trad and I can no way earn that much lol, I always work as fast as I can, long as the final finish is the same I don't think they mind, apart from the odd funny bugger

4. petehughesy

Pound a min, £60 ph, good goin that I do water fed and trad and I can no way earn that much lol, I always work as fast as I can, long as the final finish is the same I don't think they mind, apart from the odd funny bugger

Yeah same here I do wfp upstairs and trad downs, I try and earn half that if I can

5. Carlwindy

Carlwindy Active Member

I do 20ph min, I can do 30ph on some stretches and love it. 60ph would be great, £300 in 5hours lol :) you van mount or trolley pete?

6. petehughesy

Yeah same here I aim for £25-£30, I know of some guys who are doing £350-£400 daily.
    I'm pretty small time me mate, 400ltr tank and a back pack on a trolley that's it

7. Carlwindy

Carlwindy Active Member

£400 a day lol I'd only work 2days a week. Do you use the tank as a van mount or just to store water for the backpack? I use trolley but thinking of a van mount :/

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

most of us will get 20 - 30 a hour

9. Masons

Masons Guru

I had a customer that complained (this is 2005ish) that it took 4 of us only 25mins to do her £30 house...

...We got rid.
    The windows were always clean and we always pointed that out when she complained, but she did it every time and would hold the money in her hand and only give it after she'd moaned for 3-4mins.
    It only took so long cause we needed someone footing the ladders and it was trad.
    It's now £30 and gets done by two lads wfp in less than 30mins.

Awful customer.

10. petehughesy

£400 a day lol I'd only work 2days a week. Do you use the tank as a van mount or just to store water for the backpack? I use trolley but thinking of a van mount :/

Yeah just to store water for me back pack at the moment, but I'm going to buy a 100m hose and make my own van system on the cheap, my back pack on my trolley is the best thing I ever did though, cheap and easy, just a pain if you do up and down wfp as you can only carry 17ltr of water

Advertisement