Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Would You Reply To This Email?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

A website submission came through today. As soon as I saw the name and address I realised that she is a current customer. I WFP the outsides every 8 weeks. She obviously hasn't cottoned on that she has sent an enquiry to her window cleaner! She must have my number because I leave a slip with it on everytime I clean. To be honest I don't want to clean the internals, but should I reply via email putting a silly price in or tell her she has emailed her current windy or what?

This is the second weird email in the last 2 days. I had one from an ex customer who decided she no longer required my services. Well, I went round tonight to quote a full monty on her house, put in a silly price and she agreed /emoticons/biggrin.png. She didn't suss I was the ex windy :rolleyes:

Here's the email from current custy:

Hi

I live in a traditional style semi detached house,

I would like a quote to clean the insides of all my windows please, we have had ill health and lots of redecorating and the windows need a very good clean through neglect!!!!!

Could you possibly give me a basic idea of the cost for this , there are 13 windows all together, large and small included, no conservatory or extension.

thank you

Marian

Ignore her email and pretend it went into junk. That way you dont have to clean the insides and if she ever asks you never saw it.

Or just tell her you dont do insides?

Luckily ive only ever been asked to do insides 3-4 times thank god, not for me.

Ignore her email and pretend it went into junk. That way you dont have to clean the insides and if she ever asks you never saw it.Or just tell her you dont do insides?

Luckily ive only ever been asked to do insides 3-4 times thank god, not for me.
I could email her back (seeing as she hasn't sussed she's contacting her own windy) and ask her why she hasn't asked her windy to clean them? Problem is she might reply saying he's :turd: :laugh:

insides are simple do them every other day why do u not like them @adamangler or is this another thing for u not to do /emoticons/tongue.png

but yes just give her a price if u no wanna do it ssay 40 pounds

Insides makes sense to me

Don't have to travel anywhere and doubled your money

defo reply,asking about the current windie ,and that you wouldnt be wanting to tread on his toes. by the way,who is he ? play it along , you could then reveal youre the long lost dad of the windie

insides are simple do them every other day why do u not like them @adamangler or is this another thing for u not to do /emoticons/tongue.png
but yes just give her a price if u no wanna do it ssay 40 pounds
well, ive not been asked that much like i said maybe 3-4 times.

I dont like them tbh, they take longer than outsides, theres usually ornaments and things to break, its usually hot and sweaty, i have to get trad gear off van, carry a bucket of water round the house, im not the quickest tradder, i have to wipe water off sills, i have to take my shoes off, i probably have to have a chat to the custy.

I like to pull up, get pole out, clean put a note through and go, i just dont like fecking about and i dont like interuptions to my day.

Cant remember wat else i said i dont do lol but im sure theres a lot

sounds more appealing, still i never get asked though

actually i did get asked a few weeks ago, when i said double her jaw dropped and she decided to decline lol

I hear you @adamangler I also don't do many insides, there a pain in the bum, chatty customers, homes smell, breakables everywhere even when I ask them to move them, and to be honest I find doing insides a bit creepy, dunno why just feel like its something they should really do themselves but instead ask me and just watch me or hang about.

Feel like an amateur doing insides,oh wait.. I am!! But yeah always under the watchful eye of said customer, that said I'll take it if it's on offer,and in my areas.

My customers who ask for insides tend to leave me to it

I just wander round the house cleaning them on my own

I hear you @adamangler I also don't do many insides, there a pain in the bum, chatty customers, homes smell, breakables everywhere even when I ask them to move them, and to be honest I find doing insides a bit creepy, dunno why just feel like its something they should really do themselves but instead ask me and just watch me or hang about.
Agree. I tell the customers from the off that I'm flat out with work and don't do insides. Just a matter of choice. Never had a problem with it

Back