Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting your van fitted out- thecleaning warehouse?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

when I get my van will need the tank waterproofing and van RO/DI etc I spoke to a guy today who got his van all fitted out with his gear for a good price with these guys-

Industrial Cleaning Supplies UK | Cheap Cleaning Equipment from The Cleaning Warehouse

Good place to go?

I will take little boy in van sometimes so need tank put in safely maybe 400 litres. Don't want to do it myself ! Might as well get RO and DI fitted on board so I can just plug it in. Although where I live will be difficult to leave a hose plugged in all night with me not in van at the time (as I live in flat and can't have hose trailing across the road all night! but I guess having the option of either using twin DI for speed or RO if possible would be great.

They said they can get the battery wired up to the van's battery, I guess they mean alternator.

Also, one of my issues is filling up with water. They said they could put a 40/40 RO and twin DI. With this and a 500 litre tank (I am still P/T) this should give me more options. I can buy the water. Or process it quickly as I can't really leave it plugged in all night. £2100 for this. Sound ok?

Regarding vans, considering either a dispatch/Scudo or Vivaro. be nice to have some space for other tools- mower etc

Ask them about fitted booster pump to the ro, i am like you live in a flat and it took about 8 hours to fill up, i fitted a booster pump it cost me £300 and now i can fill up in 4hrs 500ltr, i no its more expense but i am so pleased i did it.

I have a Peugeot expert long wheel base, great van loads of space, it is even longer than a Citroen relay, and Vivaro and you could get one at a good price if you look around, In mine in the above storage in front of the van there is a compartment that goes to the parcel shelf and then into the back of the van, i have a 60ft pole that fits in there with room to spare to the back doors.

Ask them about fitted booster pump to the ro, i am like you live in a flat and it took about 8 hours to fill up, i fitted a booster pump it cost me £300 and now i can fill up in 4hrs 500ltr, i no its more expense but i am so pleased i did it.

4 hrs with a booster pump! Is that with a 40 40 RO? Seems slower than what I heard a 40 40 works at. Is the booster pump connected up to van battery and is it noisy?

4 hrs with a booster pump! Is that with a 40 40 RO? Seems slower than what I heard a 40 40 works at. Is the booster pump connected up to van battery and is it noisy?
The pump is connect to a outside electric source, and the pump is not not nosiy, and yes that is a 4040

The pump is connect to a outside electric source, and the pump is not not nosiy, and yes that is a 4040
For me living in a flat and filling up when I can, it's best to get a 40 40 filter. How noisy are the pumps? Would people in flats 20 metres hear it through their windows when it's completely silent outside?

Also, those 40 40 filters aren't cheap. Can you disconnect them easily and stick them in a lock up easily? I was thinking with a van set up people might break in and nick stuff. I guess if you take out the RO and poles there's nothing left worth nicking. They won't nick a tank and DIs are cheap.

Regarding vans, I need one big enough to get my tank and filters in then have space for mowers and other tools. Not all the tools at the same time as I will take other tools in and out of garage as and when needed. I am going to work as a handyman alongside window cleaning.

There's a tight parking space next to my flat as well and it's a bit tight with a super long van. I have a Citroen Xsara Hatchback and it's fine but much longer than that would be tough parking if other cars are parked there. Maybe I would getaway with and extra half metre. Are the long wheeled based vans able to carry more weight as they're longer?

slippy pity you canny go DI onlywhats your water reading at moment

I could. That's what I do at the moment when filling my barrels- twin DI it , wheeling two 11 litre DIs on sack trolley down to my car and filling my barrels. Thought a 40 40 and twin DI set up in a van would be best. The local TDS is 240-300.

Back