Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any one tried this booster pump

Those figures are a bit misleading as a booster pump does not work in those parameters.

You will get a better performance from the booster pumps sold at Machine Mart which a lot of window cleaners use.

What membrane did you purchase as the ppm should be lower at 2 bar

Those figures are a bit misleading as a booster pump does not work in those parameters.
You will get a better performance from the booster pumps sold at Machine Mart which a lot of window cleaners use.

What membrane did you purchase as the ppm should be lower at 2 bar
It's a axeon hf5 4040 I had it from your selfs, I left it flushing over night and left it flushing today so will see what the ppm are when I get home, my old membrane was around the 12ppm when running ok then I replaced it when it got to around 24ppm as was using to much resin, my waste to pure is about 1 pure to 1.5 waste, are them machine mart ones ok to boost of water mains as I believe you can only pump 12lmp out of the mains

Do you need one with a HF 5 membrane?

I have the pump in question. Boosts my 40psi mains to around 110psi and has halved my fill time as well as my post TDS from 17 to 8. Wasn't that impressed with the customer service from cleaning warehouse but the pump speaks for itself - I am well chuffed with it, although I now need to set a pressure switch up so I don't have to keep checking that my tank is full.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Do you need one with a HF 5 membrane?I have the pump in question. Boosts my 40psi mains to around 110psi and has halved my fill time as well as my post TDS from 17 to 8. Wasn't that impressed with the customer service from cleaning warehouse but the pump speaks for itself - I am well chuffed with it, although I now need to set a pressure switch up so I don't have to keep checking that my tank is full.

Do you just run it stright of the water mains mate ?? And as my pressure was so low I was advised to have a hf5

It's a axeon hf5 4040 I had it from your selfs, I left it flushing over night and left it flushing today so will see what the ppm are when I get home, my old membrane was around the 12ppm when running ok then I replaced it when it got to around 24ppm as was using to much resin, my waste to pure is about 1 pure to 1.5 waste, are them machine mart ones ok to boost of water mains as I believe you can only pump 12lmp out of the mains
It should have dropped after around 2 hours as our pressure is 2 bar and rejected rate is around 96/97%.

Check the pure production if you are getting a lot more production then you would normally then the membrane shaft may not have been seated in properly so untreated is mixing with treated.

Also check the seal on the tap of the membrane has not kinked as this will effect output.

Try setting your waste to pure to around 1:1.

To fill a 1 litre jug at around 2 bar should take no more than 45 secs.

Ye I timed it this morning and it took 42 second to fill 1lt I'll double check all fittings when I get home thanks for the help

Yes - straight off the mains. Also use it to transfer water from rainwater tank through my resin to my van mount. I looked at the machine mart pumps and did a lot of research. The genie had all the info that I needed and the tech guy answered all the questions I threw at him. I don't know what other people use and how successful the Clarke equivalent are but the genie is certainly fit for purpose ( which it should be at the price it is! ) and is saving me time and money from the off.

It will be interesting to hear what others use.

Back