Would you buy a 8 year old Ionic system and van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Pepsi, Jan 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pepsi

Pepsi Member

I am considering entering the window cleaning fraternity and might be purchasing a 8yr old Renault Traffic S with average mileage and looks in good condition for its age with a full service history. It includes an 8 year old Ionic system Pro 6 - 600L - Thermo pure system, hot together with a fast fill pump fitted 2012, burner cartridge replaced August 2015 and a speed liner floor. The Ionics system has been serviced regularly too.
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Mine is a 115ps Trafic on a 58 plate at 170K. Still going strong.

How to do it is research the value of the van minus the equipment, then research how much a similar second hand system of equal specification will cost. Then you have the answer as to the value.

More important than vans and systems are customers, do you have enough of those to help justify the expense of the van?

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Oh and welcome to the forum. :))

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

snap it up equipment wise tes drive van and if it good go for it

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Sounds pretty good but as others have said check it all out and equipment options first.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Member

Thank you everyone. Would you recommend a 7 year old Ionics system and van or I could go for a newer van with a brand new Grippatank heated system. Which is better in your opinion please? Cheers.

7. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Hi welcome to the forum. May I suggest before anyone says buy it how much are they asking and do you have the customer base. And I think on a personal note that ionic gear is over priced.

8. Pepsi

Pepsi Member

#8 Pepsi, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    I am a brand new start up business with no customers as of yet obviously but would leaflet etc and am sure I would get customers. I am seriously thinking about purchasing a 8yr old Renault Traffic S with average mileage and looks in good condition for its age with a full service history. It includes an 8 year old Ionic system Pro 6 - 600L - Thermo pure system, hot together with a fast fill pump fitted 2012, burner cartridge replaced August 2015 and a speed liner floor. The Ionics system has been serviced regularly too. Alternatively I could potentially buy a 2 or 3 year old van and buy a brand new system i.e. Grippamax 500 with a hydro heater 5.2 kw. This would cost me more because it will be brand new. Im in a dilemma and appreciate your opinion. The Renault Traffic S van with Ionics equipment would be £11500. Thanks.

9. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

This may be a silly question why ask advice then disagree. This would suggest that your mind is made up already which would make the question irrelevant.

10. Pepsi

Pepsi Member

Hi Andy, I was just asking peoples opinions if they were in my position what they would consider doing. I do realise that everyones finances are different but like most new businesses I would take a loan. Thanks.

Advertisement