Would you give discount?

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Nov 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

To someone who owns a few houses and wants the gutters clearing on 4 of them and they are all in the same road? Plus his plush house. The 4 houses are on a busy road with no rear access from what I can see on Google maps. Mr :ninja: phoned and wanted them doing for £30 each :laugh:

Think I'll pass on this one.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Lol, four houses for the price of one. :rofl:I'm sure someone desperate will take it.

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Madness, why does he assume he can suggest a price?

Hi Mr Builder, can you build me an extension please..........I'll give you £250. :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

The access alone is enough to put you off doing just one of them! Reckons last year a bloke ran a hose pipe along the gutters and blasted the **** out. I told him straight that I wouldn't do them cheap. If he can afford 4 houses to rent out, he can afford to maintain them!

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Dunno, depends if access is that bad or not. If they were done only a year ago and no trees about likely to be fairly clear still, with a gutter vac going along 4 houses in the same street, take no time at all.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

2 next to each other, one 5 doors down and 1 across the road. It's a very busy road too. Getting to the rear looks like I would have to go through the house or garage. So all properties would have to be unlocked. Also, he said some tenants were complaining of water getting in, which means a they are blocked badly.

I'm supposed to be having a look on Friday, think I'll forget to go :D

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Hmmm if water getting in then yeah, and also if access is a pain in the ass then would want more money, I would go and have a look though, never know access might be easier than it looks on google :)

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Also the landlord might have keys for them all so might be able to get access easy enough anyway.

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

by the the time you go ***** around gd time wasted, you could have couple of jobs done.,
    tuffers sounds more hassle than what it is worth

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Just because he is one our barter friends I would want £30 upfront for each property just to do a proper gutter camera survey and nothing else. Then if he wants to get his mate in with his hose all be it :D

Advertisement