would you leave it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jambo113, Feb 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

one for the trads ive just walked to pick my little girl up from school and seen a windy doing a couple of houses by the time i got to were he was working he had finished the first house (front) i had a quick glance at his work as we all probably do and i noticed a big blob of bird **** on the frame what he had just left plus the othe houses he had done had filthy frames. personally i clean frames as standard but charged the extra pound i know some windys only do the glass each to there own but what am asking is if you was cleaning that window wouldnt you clean the **** off the frame?

personally if he had knocked on my door asking for the cash and left it like i wouldn't be happy.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

That's another benefit of the water fed pole, you just can't leave rubbish all over the windows as it ruins the job.

Obviously he was just being lazy and he should clean the bird mess and dirt off the frames, but maybe he's just a cowboy window cleaner? Who knows.

James.

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

knock them, you got nothing to lose

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yep tell them you will include frames!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. Masons

Masons Guru

Grab them. I would.
    Don't include frames in the price. That is silly.

I charge a customer a price for windows.
    In that price I include windows, sills and and really visible muck (bird poo for example)
    I say if theres any obvious marks I clean them off, and I recommend a frame clean once every quarter minimum.
    Some only have frames done once a year with this system, but I aint being duped money for cleaning all the frames, yet the customer is always happy as I leave them nice.

Simples.

6. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

i usually give the frames a good scrub on the first/second clean then they just need a wipe over every month the extra pound works out 12 quid a year which is the equivalent to charging them to do frames 2-3 times a year just spreads the cost for the customer

7. Masons

Masons Guru

^ I charge about double for frames.... and the extra time I have not wiping frames makes me a happy man lol, I'd rather save 10mins a house than earn a £.
    But each to their own.

8. James

James Guru

Double for frames? is this common with trad cleaners?

James.

9. Masons

Masons Guru

Sorry, yeah I 200% when doing traditional, it varies from 150-200% when using wfp.

I charge what I think I wanna charge.lol

10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

it doesnt take that long once the first clean is done i just wipe them as im detailing probably use an extra couple of cloths a day and it makes my wage an extra 3 pound an hour ive worked it out that i earn more charging the extra pound and spening 3-4 minuets extra on each house than charging normal and leaving frames e.g doing frames i can do 18 houses in 6 hours at 7 pound a house = 126 if i dont do frames i can do 20 at 6 pound = 120 only 6 quid difference but thats 30 pound a week [hr]
    i charge double for a first clean if there really bad but usually just add it in with the price it varies with each job
    [hr]
    when doing wfp dont you clean the frames on each clean anyway?

Advertisement