Would you mind...?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Calum Jennings, Dec 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Calum Jennings

Calum Jennings Active Member

I have been working on building my website over the past couple of days and I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind having a look for me and telling me what you think.

I understand that I can't get fast tracked up the Google list by getting loads of traffic, that's not what I'm trying to do. I have seen a certain someone try that one...

Www.jenningswindowcleaning.biz

I would really appreciate your honest opinions and constructive criticism. Just don't be harsh on me lol

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have only gotten as far as the window cleaning page but right away the Bold typeface is annoying mate.

By making those words bold you are obviously trying to emphasize their importance.

It reads (in my head) as patronising to the person reading it.

I say lose the sporadic boldness and just have one typeset throughout.

Lastly the picture of your van..... either include yourself standing next to it in uniform smiling or lose it alltogether and replace it with a pic of some nice shiny windows perhaps. The van by itself holds no interest.

REMEMBER THIS ISJUST MY OPINION.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Calum Jennings

Thank you Green. I'll sort that out later and get a picture with the van Monday. All good otherwise?

4. Calum Jennings

Just seen what you did there. Very smart lol. Just got back from early morning Boxing Day shopping with the wife

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

More short based info than block of text no one read it anyway, and like green say get some pictures of you so ppl can see who they dealing with :)

And some general pricelist isa good thing too

6. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

It really is essential these days to use a phone friendly responsive site layout - unless you get this right first there's no point giving advise on the text, appearance & SEO - - Google will exclude you from over half of searches simply because your site doesn't meet the mobile friendly criteria.

How are you building the site? Did you consider Wordpress with a responsive theme?

7. johnny bravo

it all depnds how much you are paying for a diy website. sliding pics are a great idea
    the rest looks bland.
    have a nose around other websites , get some ideas. just make them your own

8. TolishAPurd

I like it mate, nice and simple, which is good. Got a good 'one man band' vibe which many domestic customers are drawn to.

On the windows tab I would remove the line at the bottom of the second paragraph "This is why some are sceptical about the WFPS" -it not needed. Average joe doesnt know what WFPS stands for, but even if they did, it'll just put doubts in thier mind about it even if they didnt have any already. Hope that makes sense, just my opinion though.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i would take out the "small" in "small family-run business " . but keep family run .

as said erlier add in a foto of you , smiling but not looking soft .

half sneering is exactly how you want to look to ward off wasters -maybe putting a thumb up [but not both thumbs] to show youre approachable

second thoughts-use both thumbs

10. Calum Jennings

I am using wix as I couldn't really be bothered with the creating it myself with hosting, domain etc. Is it not clear coming up mobile friendly on your phone? They do have a setting to do that and I have played around with the layout on the mobile site. Comments also welcome on the way it is displayed via the mobile site :)

Advertisement