Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Canvassing

Mr B shine

I have been going out for 1-2 hours quiet a few evenings and it has gone better than expected and not as hard as people have said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,until tonight, tonight I found them all, the crazy people, they are out there just waiting for you to knock on their door...

Same here, we need an example. It feels like when you've just sat down to watch an episode of your favourite tv program and they say "coming up in tonights show...crazed man answers door to window cleaner....dogs, and how not to get bitten.....naked ladies through a shattered frost glass window and, when the doorbell don't ring...." and then all of a sudden, you get a powercut.

I hate door knocking but its gotta be done , i do t need to doir knock now as all my customers now cum thru word of mouth /emoticons/smile.png

1)I had three letter box talkers, they always make me laugh.

2)knock on door ask if they are interested, woman says yes, give the quote and ask what they think, they look at me like I'm mad and ask why they would want a window cleaner!!!!!!!

3) I say I would need to see round the back of the house to give an accurate quote, sure no problem, do that give quote at this point I am told that she only wants the two top windows at the front done how much for them? well that will be £6,,, "but you quoted £12.50 for the whole house"

"yes but I still need to get here and take the ladders off the car".... "well your just trying to rip me off" ppffffffffftttttt!!!!

4) WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?????? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOIN KNOCKIN ON MY DOOR!!! JUST F**K OFF!!!!!!!!............

I personally dropped quite a few leaflets last week.

Not one call LOL. I aint knocking tho, no way HAHA!!!

I have tried dropping and knocking and only the knocking has worked so far, I am giving a lot of quotes but I just don't seem to have the knack to close the deal on those, I am getting what I feel are good results generally for the amount of time I spend knocking

Back