Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First clean advice - this will take some of you back.....

Scottie

Hello all,

Well I have got two customers booked to do shortly and yes the First clean and first customer. I notice on the windows they had water marks dried in and some were ok but little dirty.

Could I please delve into the mass of knowledge on here and ask whats your procedure on a first clean, getting the drie din marks etc. I tried at a family house and the water marks did not go aftr i saped it up with applicator and squeegee it, was dissapointed. I buffed it out with damp cloth first the cleaned again and worked better, but wondered if there is a plan here of attack?

Thanks guys.

Depends what the staining is but a decent hard water stain remover I would try first.

Is flash or any of the supermarket stuff any good or safe for windows? as a pre clean before applicator clean? Also on sills to get stubbon marks out what do you guys use? Again is flash that kinda thing safe to use?

I will probably use plenty ecover and was down with the cloths sill cloths. Only got my first job as they guy said the last windy never cleaned the sills and leaft them really dirty and staines and never turned up on the day he said. Best do a good job and on time:)

Lime scale remover is what have always used. What u would use to clean shower screens would be just as good. Depending on how long they have been there will depend on how long they will take to remove. They may be too stubborn. Just don't use something that is likely to scratch the glass to apy it.

Hello Guys , I had a customer phone me up this morning, about giving a quote to clean there windows.

Went out to look at them, and they haven't been cleaned in yrs by the look of them..they live in the country side, way of the the main roads, what a bugger to find this was lol..

Anyway,some of the glass has what it seems to be limescale damage (Check Photo) Below.

Tried a Window scraper test on it ( Soaped up window of course lol ) Didn't budge..

Any of you guys seen damaged glass into this? and what, if anything takes it off.. ?

View attachment 3176

Cheers

^^^ jeez :eek:. Mr Muscle lime scale remover might do it, it has for me in the past, but I have never seen a window like that before. Is it below a toilet overflow by any chance?

Hello Guys,

Definitely on the outside of the glass Smurf...Its coarse to the touch, but only the runs as you see... nightmare or what ? lol

Tuffers, no mate nothing like that near the glass.. I think its been Lime from the cement running down the glass over the yrs..

I might give this one a by ball.. ?

What ya think

I've cleaned really badly stained shower doors/cubicles with just liquid and vinegar before with amazing results. Vinegar being the main shifting ingredient so up the quantity if you need it a bit harsher. Instead of adding the vinegar to the bucket, put a centremetre or two in a normal squirty bottle, mixed with a bit of washing up liquid, and topped up with water- spray it directly to the glass. Scrub as normal and let it sit for a while. Scrub again, and then squeegee it all off. Repeat this once more and this is usually enough to get it sparkling.

By using the spray you get a much stronger concentration then you would by using the bucket. I've only had one job this hasn't worked on.

Hello Guys , I had a customer phone me up this morning, about giving a quote to clean there windows.
Went out to look at them, and they haven't been cleaned in yrs by the look of them..they live in the country side, way of the the main roads, what a bugger to find this was lol..

Anyway,some of the glass has what it seems to be limescale damage (Check Photo) Below.

Tried a Window scraper test on it ( Soaped up window of course lol ) Didn't budge..

Any of you guys seen damaged glass into this? and what, if anything takes it off.. ?

View attachment 5112

Cheers

Thanks for all the help guys..

surf I've ordered a litre of the winsol 550

Just to have,if I happen to run into this problem again.(nice video)

And I'll get me some white vinegar also some Mr muscle lime scale remover..

I'm sure some of these products will come in handy on future cleans.

Thanks very much guys

flinn

I tried ecover limescale on windows to remove hard water marks and it seem to work... Even though looking at the bottle it doesn't say it for glass but still it work.

Back