Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Threatened For Not Cleaning A Womans Windows Who Canceled Us :-S

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

I had a bit of an incident the other day and thought I would have a wee rant about it.

About a year ago I had a customer cancel us because she didn't want her windows done in the rain. Now on the day in question that she though was too wet to work, it wasn't actually raining. There had been some rain through the night and the roads were a bit damp looking, it was also overcast, but none the less dry and stayed that way for the rest of the day.

Nearly a year later I had her son came out to me and ask why I wasn't doing his mums windows. So I explained why. To my bemusement, his reply was "hold on a minute, that is a sick woman in there, that is f disgusting". A little confused I asked why? of which is gave "because" as his explanation. I got the impression that this guy was just looking to have go, so I waved him off and carried on working. Then off he went shouting, "your nothing but a p, I am going to kick your c in". Then starting to walk away. So I called him back, told him not to threaten me, I wasn't a push over, which he did again, so I told him to do it.

Now he looked a little confused, "ehhh".

I said "Do it, come over here, and try taking one punch, I would quite like to see that".

He pretty much backed down, then decided to tell me about his son who was a black belt in Karate, and he was going to have him come out and give me the beating. Again, I told him to go ahead, I'll be here all afternoon, and after defending myself I will have both of you charged.

He went on a bit then eventually buggered off.

This put me in a bit off a bad mood, I hate it when people decided to cross the line like this. Normally I would just leave it at that. But though no, not this time, over the past 6 year I have had about half a dozen window cleaners threaten me, and did nothing. This was over nothing, and I know this guys address. My brother who works with me witnessed some of it, and I was pretty sure that customer who I was working at would have heard it all. So I went to the police station.

After giving the police a quick recap, and expecting to be taken in to give an official statement. The officer took my name, address, some details about the guy, and said he would go out and give him a warning. Now I think this was probably the best course of action. But I didn't feel like I had been taken all that seriously, no actual statement of event was written down. I didn't get any crime reference number or anything like that.

Walking through Tesco that same night, I heard one worker tell the other, that a Tesco worker in another store had been charged for laughing at a transvestite. Now I don't condone that, but why is that more serious that threatening someone with assault. That is taken to court and the guy gets a criminal record, and the police cant even be bothered to take a proper statement, when someone reports threats of violence. If the Tesco worker had told him he was going to "kick his c in" instead of laughing, he would have got a slap on the wrist.

You should of said you had a black belt double dan in window cleaning..

Then put the fella on his ****.. Punch yourself so you can say it was self defence!!

People like that need a good beaten to wise them up

If u like ill bring u a nice police baton or knuckle duster back from ere in cyprus, super markets sell um lol, one in each hand, do work on him, on to the nxt job, police wont do **** over something like that, take the law into ur own hands

If im not alloud to say that plz delete it, i dont condone violence in any way, but justice may be served! Hoooorah

Think the chap was a bit upset as his mum being ill and all after his mum had said you had stopped comming. Not knowing what was fully said your reply had obviously anoyed him to the point of making him see red.

There are always two sides to a story and I'm guessing the lady in question is old and has dementia too which would not help the situation.

I know there may have been too sides, and if his manor was a bit less aggressive, I would have been sympathetic with there situation. I don't know what was wrong with the guys mum, but it is still no excuse to threaten someone. In this case the customer canceled us about a year ago, but I still have the right to refuse to provide my service. In the past I have had to for numerous reasons, from over grown gardens to flats with nothing but a mattress and an owner who was as high as a kite.

I've never been in that situation to be honest going about my round but found from experince best to keep your cool even when being threatened.

Needles to say if I could not disfuse the situation by talking and/or walking away the last resort would be to only act in self defence if need be as I have a black belt that holds me trousers up :Image13:

I've never been in that situation to be honest going about my round but found from experince best to keep your cool even when being threatened.

Needles to say if I could not disfuse the situation by talking and/or walking away the last resort would be to only act in self defence if need be as I have a black belt that holds me trousers up :Image13:
you could bash him with your neck brace :Image13:

The best way to win any argument is to take their money, Id be like not a problem fella its £20 Ill do them next ( upfront of course ) :Image9:

I got one who owes 4 cleans. Going to surprise her on Sunday morning and knock her door. She is due again next week. She don't know it yet but she is dumped.

Welcome back Andy!

Back