Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much resin should i order?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Started ordering some of my kit now finally /emoticons/smile.png

just wondered initially how much resin should I order ? I know the resin tank is prefilled from pure freedom so should I order a 25ltr bag or less for now and how long does it last does it go off or anything ?

also was going to get from Daqua is that the best and cheapest plave to get the tulsion from?

thanks

You can get it firm anywhere really mate, personally I just order everything from pure freedom, I just always find them so helpful!

As you've bought a load of stuff from them already, they will probably throw a few bits in with it? Give them a call...

But as for resin, should never go off provided it doesn't come into contact with water, and try to keep the bag zip tied up when storing, also keep it in a dark place (that's just my train if thought though, not a fact)

Resin should last a long while if your RO is doing its job well... You'll just need to keep an eye on the tds reading every couple of days, then when it starts to rise over 1-2ppm you know you'll need to change it...

Also pure freedom should give you all the info on when to change filters based on your water quality...

I just buy Tulsion mb 115 DI resin in 25 litre bags when I need them as works out cheaper that way than buying smaller bags that the likes of pf decant and sell on at a much higher profit margine.

Off topic question i know but i use a straight di cylinder rather than ro due to low ppm water.

During the real bad winter we had a few years back my cylinder froze up and split and since then every time i fill my tank i drain it after.

Does anyone know if resin lasts longer wet or dry?

I will obviously drain it in the winter but i am wondering if i should drain it after every fill as i am mostly trad window cleaning.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers Smurf, because i don't use a lot of water i was just wondering if it was worth the bother lifting it out and draining out the water but i suppose it is only worth it in wintertime.

Once bitten twice shy.

I just make sure the frost don't get at my gear and the safest way I have found is to just bring it indoors.

ask away we all didnt know stuff at the beginning until we get the wise words off here..

if your on about your pure water...it should be 000 to a max of 010 although I would panic if it moved off 000

as for your tap water ..luck of the draw as to where you live...

some jammy barstewards are as low as 80 whilst others stick 400 on...

dont be scared on here as we the friendly forum.../emoticons/biggrin.png

right so our tap water is between 200-300 over here and my pure water is 030 thats no good then is it ? .. thank you for your reply /emoticons/smile.png

well some would say that its okay but...

me likes 000

at tap that high you are best with ro type filter../emoticons/biggrin.png

my tap was around 160 ish but it does vary..

i have the brodex porta power trolley and linked it to a 650ltr tank... it is ro.. just wary of what my ppm readings should be.. i know my area is a hard water area but want water to be as pure as possible i want 000 /emoticons/sad.png hahah

650 litres of pure water....ohhh thats heaven...my poxy 20litre backpack trolley dont last very long..

you have the power to flush alot so thats got to help.

I think you can just get another bigger resin container most on here have a double di so water passes over one and then gets a final polish down to 000 in the last one.../emoticons/biggrin.png

but most on here do say below 010...

000 is best but anything above 005 is not good ide say i let my tds go to 003 then change i get twichy after 003 to b honist if u look hard u can c spotting if water ant pure

030 is not good u need 000 or oo3 at the most i think ur ro must take water down to 001 ish then u have di to take it to 000

You need to look at your ro. Change filters/membrane maybe. My tap water is similar to yours and my cheapy ro brings it down to 013.

Think the most i ever cleaned with was 010. The windows seemed fine after and were no problems but i would definitely say keep it below 005

Back