Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello From Northern Ireland

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

WWC

Hi,

I have already posted a few times, and thought that I should introduce myself formally.

My name is Paul, and I am in a job right now (Nov 2012) actually my own business of a completely different nature to Window Cleaning. But, the economic downturn has taken it's toll and I will be closing down at the start of 2013.

I now want to start up window cleaning in the area I live.

As I have been in business for myself for quite a few years, so I know how to work hard to earn a living.

I am getting my window cleaning business prepared now, and will start actually cleaning windows at the start of February 2013. I am working on pricing, buying equipment, designing my website, getting flyers and cards etc.

I have read a lot of the subject bought videos, watched online videos, read the forums, and generally absorbed myself in the business. Oh yes, and practicing a lot. My other half and relations appreciate that bit /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hopefully some of my questions while I am setting up and getting started won't frustrate you too much - please be gentle with me I am trying my best to get it right /emoticons/smile.png

Best Regards,

Paul

Welcome to the forum, ask as many questions as you like, we are a friendly bunch. Sorry to here about your other business, i hope things are going ok with that. Not nice to have to close everything down and sell up, but sometimes a sign of a good business man, is knowing when to quit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hia Paul, warm welcome to the forum and as Ladder says real sorry about the other business but heres hoping you make it on the glass..

Thanks for your welcome.

Yes, it's sad that the other business is closing - we were going for about 26 years and employed a number of people. But, I am hoping that this new venture will bring some advanatges to help ease the pain of the other business going. For one thing, I won't have to commute as much as I do right now, which gives me more time with my other half and our young daughter.

dont give your location if you are wanting to canvass in your area if there is not already one in that area., that will be like gold dust, be quick get the custom to get started and do them on a weekend, secure your customers., my problem is i was content just to have a wage coming in, instead of looking to the future, my son is no brain box at 15, maybe best to get all the work i can now in case he needs some work. he will have to get over his embarasment. they dont realise this is one of the highest paid jobs you can do. £6.19 per hour or £20-£30 per hour imagine that at 16 year old. too many people out of work now, looking for an income.

there is always someone around doing it. If not 20 of them like most areas. Its rare to find a street here were there isn't a windows cleaner doing at least a couple of them. It takes a fair bit of time to build up rounds. You just find what customers you can, then even if you only get one on a street, the neighbours will see your regular, new customers will move into the area, and just make sure they get your name first. You'll soon pick up a few more.

welcome to the forum mate....

what business did u have ? sorry to hear about it

and keep us updated of your plans etc and we will help u /emoticons/smile.png

what business did u have ? sorry to hear about it
Hi,

The business is still going and the customers and suppliers don't know it is closing down yet - so, since NI is a small place when it comes to rumours etc, if you don't mind, I don't want to post it on the internet just yet.

Thanks for your welcome.

Hi,

Welcome to the Board. Im in Northern Ireland as well and just setting up for the new year. Im winding another business down too. Are you going wfp or traditional? Any advice give us a shout.

Steve /emoticons/smile.png

Hi,

Welcome to the Board. Im in Northern Ireland as well and just setting up for the new year. Im winding another business down too. Are you going wfp or traditional? Any advice give us a shout.

Steve /emoticons/smile.png
Hi Steve,

We sound in a similar position. I setting up for the new year too whilst I close down the other business.

I am setting up traditional right now, but probably looking to WFP when I get a few customers and cash in.

Back