Wrong House

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Joe, Jul 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

Who else has done this then?

Was instructed by a custy to park at the back gate, told me red gate, tree overhanging & tree cuttings piled up.

Walked in, halfway through the garden," What are you doing?!! "

"hi shelley im here to clean your windows!". Im not shelley and i dont need a window cleaner!

Oh sorry i say, this was the instructions i was given. Turned out house i needed was 10 houses up.

What are the chances of the directions i was given being exactly the same for another house?!

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Yes I done it 4 days ago lol started cleaning done 2 windows and some old bird came out "what you doing" I said I Gave you a price 2 days ago on Facebook, oops it was next door so the next-door house was Totaly different to what I priced up I priced about £5 more than I should of lol felt like a rite ***

3. harunh

harunh Legend

Lol it happens lads :p hasnt happened to me yet though lol

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I done it myself but i done 3 in 1 go lol .

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I ask facebook customers to put something in window like a piece if paper with an X on it or something (change it all time) not just to make sure it's right house but more to make sure I'm not being wound up by another windie.

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Good idea dodger think I'll use that from now on, I felt like a rite clown lol

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I do it cos of a fake booking, I presume it was another windie in that area. probably over road laughin the cheeky monkey lol.

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer i've done that a few times! not just a few windows!! the whole house! lol think is just something that goes with the job! lol

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Have cleaned 2 whole houses before. One wrote me 65 & should ave been number 63 & another had an extension done so when I went back 5 months later next door had an extension to & just diddnt think.

10. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Last month cleaned this house(one house in a row of house) anyway, it was the third house in, in the row, anyway I somehow counted it as two houses in, as the one at the end didnt have a front door like the others but was on the side.

So when I when to do the back I counted two houses in by mistake and started to clean the backs, women comes out and says I thought we agreed every 8 weeks?

I was like yeah we did but I counted the wrong house in lol.

Was meant to do next door

Advertisement