Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fuse problems!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Pure Clean

I just got another van and tank etc but I transferred my pump and varistream controller over to the new van. I have also had a 12v leisure battery fitted.

The problem is this: Every time I put the fuse in the connector for the varistream controller, it blows!

The garage that fitted the tank and battery put a 20 amp fuse on the main battery wires and the leisure battery wires.

I connected the cable running from the varistream controller to the leisure battery. Previously there was a 10 amp fuse on the varistream connector but that blew.

I then put a 20 amp fuse in there so that all fuses would be 20 amps but the fuse still blows on the varistream controller. The fuses on both batteries do not blow.

I cant quite figure this out but should I be using 10 amp fuses as that is what I was using on my old van although I did not have a leisure battery in that one.

I have added pictures below so you can see my setup.

I hope someone can figure out what I have done wrong.

Main Battery fuse:

View attachment 4729

Leisure battery fuse:

View attachment 4730

Varistream controller:

View attachment 4731

Hey Steven. I had a fairly similar thing happen last week. It's worth changing them over to make sure that positive and negatives are in the right place mate. Those fuses cost less than a pound and you won't damage anything by swapping them as the worst that can happen is that the fuse blows. I'd suggest it's worth a shot and then taking it from there. Good luck mate /emoticons/smile.png

You can put a multimeter over it and if the positive and negative are wrong it'll show a - on the reading.

Other than that, I'd pull it all apart and make sure all connections are sound and start again.

What watt are you running? Divide it by the voltage (12) and that'll give you the current (roughly). Your fuse rating should exceed this.

Thanks guys. I swapped the pos and neg cables from the pump and varistream and the fuse did not blow.

However, the pump came on but the veristream did not. What usually happens is that I switch the pump on from the varistream but no lights came on at all but the pump started working!

I'm certainly getting closer to success but I'm not quite there yet. Any ideas?

I took the van to a car auto parts place earlier and the guy tested the voltage with a multimeter and he said that everything was fine.

Thanks guys. I swapped the pos and neg cables from the pump and varistream and the fuse did not blow.
However, the pump came on but the veristream did not. What usually happens is that I switch the pump on from the varistream but no lights came on at all but the pump started working!

I'm certainly getting closer to success but I'm not quite there yet. Any ideas?
This is where my knowledge runs out - this is only a guess but does a varistream have a fuse as well Steven or @SPC ? If so then that could have gone too......

I have a 10 amp fuse in the varistream and both batteries but the interesting thing now is that the pump works fine and the varistream cuts off the pump when the correct pressure is achieved and starts again on demand which is how it should be.

The strange thing is that there is no display now and the on/off button does not work neither does the 2 flow control buttons. Other than that the varistream is working fine.

I dont understand why this is happening though as it worked perfectly fine in my old van. What am I missing?

How do I calibrate the pump controller? I have had this controller for about 4 or 5 years and I cant remember.

Also, would I not need the display to be on to do that?

Back