yell.com worth it or not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mark macca, May 10, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark macca

mark macca Member

hi I just had a quote for website and to appear on yell.com to build a website for me, £471.63 upfront then £78 for the next 6 months. Then £112 for listing for 6 months then £18.81 for the next 6 months are they just trying to shaft me or is that about right. ????? please any info would be helpful

Advertisement
  2. Alan Kirwan

Alan Kirwan Member

Sitting in van on a job in rain thought I reply I found yell.com very helpful in getting customers for me but I didn't get website with them and I also didn't need to pay upfront either can't afford upfront fees to much of a big outlay so I just pay monthly payments of £30ish

3. mark macca

mark macca Member

hi thanks is that just for listing in areas of choice? I think they just went in and hard balled me strait off to see if id pay it or not

4. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Yell websites are very expensive for what they are you could get a decent enough one built for under £500 you could spend a lot more if you wanted and web hosting should be know more than a £10 a month mine is £10 for two sites.

As for the paid listing unless your top why pay a premium to be 3rd on a list I have a free listing on yell.

Yell can work if your top 1st or 2nd but the cost like I said is very dear and don't forget if your paying £70-£100 a month it needs to be generating a good response of quality work.

5. Alan Kirwan

Alan Kirwan Member

Yeah I started of last year with the cheapest area that was near my area normally if you pick a main area your appear in a couple of other areas. From what I worked out is yell give you say 10 miles around the area you want as your main advert. Even tho I had cheapest I was still appeared in the highest priced area maybe not first place but near too it. Up to you to get people to looking at your advert with pics and that

6. mark macca

mark macca Member

it do seem a lot of money for something I cant guaranty to get back quite quickly I am just starting up and is a large outlay

7. mark macca

mark macca Member

yes true I do have a few picks I can upload I have a few affluent areas around me I do need a website tho maybe just a basic 1 for now until it brings me in a bit of work I guess I looked at some stuff online and have been inundated with calls from allsorts of people ie yell.com rated people.com to name a few and they all just seem to want tons of money for something I no nothing about I can clean windows while looking at the woman across the road half undressed but as for advertising and websites and stuff I'm useless I have to rely on what these people tell me

8. Alan Kirwan

Alan Kirwan Member

You can always wait few months till you get more customers get some leaflets printed vista print are cheap enough then go pop them through local houses then your know if it's worth it

9. mark macca

mark macca Member

I have got some leaflets ordered with vista print just waiting for them to come thru

10. Alan Kirwan

Alan Kirwan Member

i don't know about anyone else and what they done when I started of with no money I took the fivers at first then got rid of them cheap jobs after I got better paid jobs later on. it's money better then nothing the misses didn't agree only because I didn't give her any at the time lol she thought I be earning hundreds in first week

Advertisement