Yipee & A Big Thanks To Mark M.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Posh, Jul 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Got my di & 2 weeks ago tried with no success to make pure water. Didn't work so chucked di in she'd. After having a few words with our member of the month & trying a few things he said today I tried again with success. My ppm was fluctuating between o & 4 so got an average of 2 which compared to last weeks 140 is great. Having read that most of you use it ok up to 5 I was dead happy with that & as I only use it every now & then on hard to get windows I am a happy bunny (& so's my misses as made no mess this time). Connecting my other di to it should give me 0 all the time but at mo just happy with what I got. So a big thank you to Mark & you others that gave me advise.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Good one Posh & good one Mark as well, ordered my first lot of resin today and hoping everything works alright. Using rainwater though so should be all good.

3. chip

chip Guru

Have you got your backpack yet dodge?

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

No mate, been testing with pressure ones again and in two minds. wcw for 95 quid or go with the even more eco option which is in keeping with my principles (lol). People may laugh but one I have my eye on puts out 90psi.

5. chip

chip Guru

More Eco? What, in terms of water, or do you mean charging up?

6. johnnyt

johnnyt Member

What make is the 90 psi model ?
    If I've got this right, your going for 2 Di's back-to-back and not bothering with a RO system?

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

In terms of using no electricity mate, pumping pressure by hand I've toyed with using one before but I'm not sure at moment. I know it'll more than do the job as I've actually tested it with a kids toy gun (good toy though lol cost a fortune). I advertise on website that's what I use but if I go battery I'll just change it and charge backpack with a little solar panel.

And it's a Chapin 425 Johhny but a few manufacturers make similar like solo etc. One of the wfp backpacks uses the same frame and tank but dont remember which but thats why I'm looking at this one as if it doesn't work out I know I can adapt it and fit a pump and battery.

8. chip

chip Guru

Alright, come on, where's beadle! :)

Seriously though sounds fantastic if you can do it, I assume you have to pump it so many times to build up pressure lie them sprayers you can buy? I'm sure you've considered this, but I'll mention it anyway just in case,I'm guessing that you'd gave to pump it at least once for every load, on days of high temp and humidity I imagine it would get unbearably tiring unless it's ridiculously easy to pump. On that basis, I think I'd go for the battery one first and then go for the other when you've saved up again, as we already know that version works. Be Fantastic if that comes off for you though! Round of applause for ingenuity!

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I already know it works mate, wfp backpacks are all just these modified. seriously I have tried it with a toy that puts out 3-4.5 bar (about 40-60psi) gave it 15 pumps and its harder to pump than the chapin and it gave out all its 6 lt in six minutes, 1lt per minute. Had it on pole today with 10 metres of 10mm hose (microbore reduces flow too much). went up ladder so it was straight up from floor at 10m and didn't lose too much pressure at all. Imagine that with a 90psi model. I'm seriously thinking of going with it as most custies I'm getting are actually contacting me because of the eco shizzle. And brand new can pick it up for 59 squid.

10. chip

chip Guru

Id like to have seen that :)
    I think I came across them through links to that container you put up! Though about it for about 5 seconds and dismissed it! Don't know why micro bore reduced the flow it's only 6 or 8mm??? Anyway I use 5mm petrol hose, so that'd be ok for you, and you can buy thin soft silicon hose that's narrower still, or RC put a link up to where he gets his stuff which is also narrow but harder. Hope it works, hope I steal it!

Advertisement