Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Down My Way Sussex

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kriss

Hello as im new to this game but did have my own round in 1999, just wanna try and find out a few things before i jump in check this lot out http://www.weclean-group.co.uk/ is this some kind of click going on, when i done this gig ages ago there was no such thing going on it was each to there own every punter was fair game but we used to stick to our own patches, and another thing was i used fairy now you seem to use other stuff, i think i need a bit of guidance in 2012.

Thanks in advance.

Theres still loads of chaps use fairy mate but plenty use other stuff, I use ecover personally. As for patches I don't believe in them and nor do many others, we get work where we can.

Thanks alot for that, when i done it last i just made enough out of doing windows inside and out no it seems you have to do everything facias clear guttering how this game has changed, here this popped up must be a scam me thinks http://www.cleancohomes.co.uk/BUYFRjoin.php seems as though they want some kind of fee, this what i found in my research into the courier sameday most of that was a scam 15yrs out the game and the and its changed full tilt, i,m thinkin i will do the same as you, dodger mostly trad with a walk around unit and see how i go.

You can make enough out of just cleaning windows if that's what you want. I only clean windows and earn a good living.

Some people choose to do other things too (driveways, carpets etc) but that's entirely up to you.

If you want to just clean windows then all you need to do is find enough customers to keep you happy. And there's plenty out there!

im only 100% windows etc /emoticons/smile.png my adds on are solar panels,conservatories, fascias & soffits etc /emoticons/smile.png

theirs enough money to be made out of window cleaning /emoticons/smile.png

I find carpet cleaning and driveway cleaning a right headache /emoticons/tongue.png id rather keep it simple and just be a 100% window cleaner /emoticons/tongue.png lol

so im sticking to the windows /emoticons/smile.png

Yep thats about my limit as well me thinks, are you a full on wfp or half and half i,m thinking i will do it half and half and see how i go on just need to get a smaller van with out loads of miles on like i keep seeing,

im 100% wfp /emoticons/smile.png if u want to be big and make the most out of your window cleanin busienss then wfp is the way forward /emoticons/smile.png it enables you to take on a good large amount of work that can not be done with ladders.

if i wasnt wfp.... i would lose over 50% of my work because a lot of my work is over 2 storey.

I think i will go 50 50 and try and be eco like ray is all this wfp is bleedin confusing to me an old timer fairy liquid bucket 30ft ladder 8 ft A frame thats what i had back in the day all this wfp with all the bits and bobs you need is doing me head in, oh for the good old days, no eu rules no H S just got on with it punter happy get paid cup of tea slice of cake lovely, looks like now im going have to wear a whistle and flute to clean windows, scarey stuff how this gig has changed in 14yrs, i would get the full monty but just found out ive been done for 15k worth of work that sucks bet i only end up with £ 200 or something soft like that.

Trad still works mate, ya don't have to be wfp to make money in window cleaning. Just stick with what ya know for now and don't listen to the boys that say ya have to be 100% wfp cos ya don't.

Dodger's dead right, you can make a good living cleaning trad.

I'm 100% WFP but that's how I started and that's what I know but there are lots of trad cleaners about and lots of customers who still prefer trad.

It's just a case of getting out there and finding them.

Thanks for that just got to try and find a smaller van without **** loads of miles on it, that way if i don,t get much window work i can still use it for sameday parcel work, perhaps a bit of locky work but i wanna knock that on the head don,t get no work out that game no more.

Thanks for the advice.

Back