Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Indoor residential cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I do loads of insides, big houses & just use the traditional method.

Make sure you charge significantly more then the outside. I change 1&a half times whatever the outside is priced at.

Good luck

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

put your water in a spray bottle not a bucket = no spills , for high windows i use waffle cloths on a velcro frame on an extension pole, dont need soap with these cloths just tap water is fine

put your water in a spray bottle not a bucket = no spills , for high windows i use waffle cloths on a velcro frame on an extension pole, dont need soap with these cloths just tap water is fine
I use a spraybottle too on insides ( not really dirty ones though ) its easier . :thumbsup:

If they are smokers use a bit of ubik aswell it eats through nicotine stain and if they are stained by smoking it will be a nightmare with just soap and water.

Normal trad gear. Charge more inside are a pain excuse the pun.
This old chestnut again

I don't understand why insides take you guys so long and are so much hassle

Ubik in the solution

Scrub with applicator

If really bad quick scrub with a scourer (takes 2 seconds)

Squeegee off

Job done

No ladders

No wet miserable weather

Lovely

Stingray is not really suited to residential as they dont fit most smaller vent windows.

I trad all residential insides.

Don't want to be rude but there seems a lot of 'window cleaners' about that can't clean a window unless it's outside where they can splash as much water about as they like.

You could simply scrub up with a rather damp soapy rag then just buff to a good finish with a scrim.

There does seem to be a trend of "if i need to use a squeegee they're gonna pay for it"

Window cleaning is something that i do with whatever tools i deem to be necessary or quickest/best suited for the individual job

I was talking to posh about this the other day and he is in agreement that sometimes it is a whole lot quicker just to whip the ladders off and do a job rather than messing about with reels and hose etc

Seems to be an old school attitude

Although i suppose if you have spent thousands on your system when starting up you would begrudge having to learn to use a squeegee properly and lower yourself to lowly trad status:hehehe:

The point is @daveyboy that the requirements are in the job title...

'Window cleaner'

Not 'External window cleaner only'

You can do the internals with water white vinegar in a spray bottle and newspaper @GMN Window Cleaning

The method matters not... the results are the only thing that matters.

I have often told customers you pay for the finish, not how I get to it.

I charge the same for insides as iudo for outs, usually just request the customer moves ornaments etc from the sills. Traditional method, no longer than cleaning the outs tbh

if the house has been smoked in you really want to be chucking away your scrubber sleeve immediately afterwards-itll never wash properly thats for certain . also the nicotine gloop that runs down as you squeegee is very toxic it will pass thru your skin easily. later youll feel the effect-yeuch!

if the house has been smoked in you really want to be chucking away your scrubber sleeve immediately afterwards-itll never wash properly thats for certain . also the nicotine gloop that runs down as you squeegee is very toxic it will pass thru your skin easily. later youll feel the effect-yeuch!
Yep. Disposable gloves are a must.

Learnt the hard way. Only 4 days off ill due to nicottine stained windows.

Back