You guys seen these?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by ClearVue Solutions, Jan 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. This is something the company I work with have just brought out.

They are awesome! Why no one has done this already is a mystery to me.

http://www.futureofcleaning.com/innovations.html

Let me know what you think :)

Jeremy

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Isnt that just a variation of an end cap?, not really a new idea surely?. I can't justify a carbon pole anyway so it doesnt affect me, but given the cost of them, i would have expected a carbon pole to already have some protection on the bottom?.

3. chip

chip Guru

on the bottom of the unger alloys it's a green plaggy fitting, and mine, on the section i keep as outside is down to the nib, the one on the next section poking through, so using alloy as end cap will last much longer, although if the closed length is quite short, not such a wearing issue, but won't crack if it takes a heavy knock.
    are you part of the team what makes it clearview?

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Looks good - but I much prefer the Pure freedom ones that make sure the pole hose is never caught.

Would also worry about anything you knock with the pole - instant scratch/dent on a car, or worse.

Good idea, but I'll not be changing

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Good point Dave, i had another look at the pics, very sharp looking edges!. Its a constant worry if working round a customers car, though i usually try to keep my hand round the bottom of the pole in such circumstances so if the worst happens, my hand will hit the car 1st!.

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I do the same - bit paranoid about it.

I clean at the main Ferrari dealership - could be VERRRRy bad!

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

That doesnt bear thinking about dave, ouch!. That ferrari dealership is a good gig to get if you are a petrol head though, lucky you!.

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Their service centre is even better - 12 Bays - fully fitted, and normally 3 or 4 engines being tuned - sounds fantastic!

9. James

James Guru

Looks ok I guess but I'm with Dave... the Pure Freedom ones look alot better tbh.

James.

10. oooo Ferrari....see if you can sneak some pics for us :)

Do you guys all have the hose going up the inside of the pole??

Reason I ask is because i have been converted to having it run outside the pole all the time now for a few reasons.

1) The clinking of the hose inside the pole drove me mad!
    2) If i wanna change brush head or pole...done in seconds
    3) Hose not around your feet at all, so no trip hazard for you or anyone else as the hose is in your view all the time
    4) the hose doesnt drag dirt or grit up the inside of the pole and into the clamps (ive got no scratches to my poles anymore from this)

This is all good but the only downside is it sometimes gets caught in the odd bush, but all you have to do is flick the hose n it wraps itself around the pole, one more wiggle and its free again.

All i can say is TRY IT (for a few days to get used to a new way of working)

thoughts..

Advertisement