Your business plans for 2016?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Njones, Dec 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

I think 2015 was the best year most of us have had in a long time - - but what are your business plans to make sure 2016 continues the trend?

I've given up on print advertising entirely now - I never did a lot, but its been a long time since it actually gave decent results.

Last year I was kept busy mostly from referrals & a little forum advertising (Here and the dark side!), along with facebook & twitter. This year I'm thinking of starting a youtube channel with web design tips and tricks. Not only is it great advertising and brilliant for my SEO - but I'd hope it'd help my clients get more out of their new websites too.

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

I will carry on as I am. 3 good days at work gets me more than enough money. 4 days for doing wot I want. I'm not ambitious. I will leave that to the other windys

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Posh

Posh Hero

I am totally with you on that. I'd like 4 days but 3 would suit me fine & give me more then enough money for what I need. I'm not that ambitious but just steadily creep on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I like the honesty here. There's almost an expectation that people HAVE to be ambitious. My aim for 2016 is to get a bit busier than I am now but me and the wife share the childcare and fit our work around each other so that holds me back a bit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Markyboy 50

Think we're quite similar posh. I've never been ambitious. I'm with a new lady now after 25 years with the wrong one. I wanna spend time with this one and enjoy it. I'm not getting any younger as they say. If people need to do 6 days a week and never take time off that's up to them. Not a race to the end!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

My initial plans are to spread out my work, shorten my days a little, and allow room to take on people in my existing areas in an effort to condense my round. Folk on the outskirts of my round will be sold or passed on. I have a few custies that I should never have taken on due to there location, but kept them as they are nice folk.

7. Markyboy 50

Don't blame ya tolish. I only use about £15 of diesel a week in me van and that usually includes a sneaky ride to norwich to see the lucky lady. I'm there now but used me car this time.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

im not sure yet

9. Damo

Damo Guru

Hammered work for 5 years and established an excellent round which will now performs at about 90% of what I expect.

Next year will see price increases and removing work I no longer want (which is absolute minimal)

Window cleaning will expand to an extent but decided to other revenue streams now.

Window cleaning is bread and butter. Without the stress of getting new customers. Worrying over losing one customer. I can now concentrate on my other ideas.

Working less for more money is always a bonus.

10. TolishAPurd

£15 is good going. I reckon a big drive in spring is going to have my round exactly where I want it, and maybe this year I'll be making decisions on the methods I use.

Advertisement