Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your choice for rust stains.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Finally got to the ‘rust’ job. I’d had a play with the Oxalic acid at home on a rust spot in concrete. Seems to work pretty well. Was expecting some impressive ‘fizzing action’ like brick acid but was disappointed to see that it just sits there working. ?

Job had multiple heavy rust spots on sandstone and for the worst ones I made a paste of the acid crystals as I soon found that dissolving in water it seems to become saturated at a relatively low concentration. The rest were sprayed with a ‘strong’ solution.

Pleased to say it did the trick. 90% gone. Oddly the worst really heavy ones disappeared entirely. Some of the less bad ones disappeared less. Overall though very pleased as is client. Couple of pics. Not sure these are the same stones to be honest but an indication of some of the worst starting points and the best results.

And a couple of the patio overall. Pleased with the result. Will be repointing it tomorrow.

Thanks all.

And a couple of the job overall.

Attachments

• IMG_7493.jpeg
    IMG_7493.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7496.jpeg
    IMG_7496.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7491.jpeg
    IMG_7491.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 5