Your not stopping me today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Posh, Dec 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

I got up. Looked outside. Dull grey windy wet & miserable. Missis said don't think your be going today. You bet I said. I was determined. First job ok. Sky black, windy sot of rain. Looked up. Don't you dare. Moved on. Cold drizzle. Sky still black. Me giving threatening looks to the sky. 1pm down it came. Black sky. Getting wet. I looked up & shouted
    YOU ARE NOT STOPPING ME TODAY. Within 2 minutes rain stopped & sun flashed through (just). Done next 2 houses & went home happy. Today I WON.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Just like my day today. Got up 8 am. Had breakfast. Ready to go. Then rain/drissle. Sat inside, another cup of tea. 11 am went out to first job. Started and it rained, just carried on and finsihed. Went home for lunch. Still raining. Rang 2 customers to cancel appointments. Then sun comes out lol. Well I get 2 more big afternoon jobs in. I hate these on off days. :mad:

3. shazzy692002

Wasw a bit wet here to, but my business managed a full day.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I worked all day as normal..rained on and off

5. abs

abs Guru

Worked too but only had xmas insides for customers booked in and a conny roof , I've got 3 days to get £900 of windows cleaned and a top to bottom total wash down to a exterior mansion that will take a full day :( I need a miracle

6. cheapncheerful

good luck abs...you gotta try...

i came home depressed.....i get that sometimes....so i drew the curtains got the tele on my blanket on and two cups off milky coffee and a few sleeps and a bit of tuffering this morn...now as right as rain...or is that a Malapropism...should we even mention rain on here...

i had a cr ap mon to wed followed by an incredible thursday and a crappish couldnt be bothered time for my xmas break friday....

well we have to deliver a magazine every two weeks and ....they left double and i dont want to do it....the wife is going to try and stop it....i want my weekends off.....

the will i make it scenario is quite intriguing as i keep my jobs in my head and cant be bothered to write them down and see if its possible....but once i hit Friday...and hit my chair...thats it ...happy xmas here i come....:D

oh and posh thanks for saying i am not the only one who stares at the sky like king canute and says go away ...i even shake my fist at it sometimes....

what with shouting at the sky and swearing at my wfp hose....i hope nobody sees me...:whistle:

7. abs

abs Guru

Thanks buddy , I've got no chance in reality lol

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

if its not raining you have got to get out ,get the cash in when you can
    to many **** days a head where we wont get over the door

9. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Well done, good for u mate

10. PTWC

PTWC Guest

It takes a strong will to continue in winter if its combination of either
    Rain and wind
    Cold and wind
    Cold and rain

In Snow and ice i would not bother even trying.

Advertisement