Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best brush for PVC/wood

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Starboy

whats the best brush to get for PVC and wood? i will be buying a new pole soon i was thinking on the Ultimate brush with it..... but which one,

medium/soft

flocked

medium

stiff

?

whats the best brush to get for PVC and wood? i will be buying a new pole soon i was thinking on the Ultimate brush with it..... but which one,
medium/soft

flocked

medium

stiff

?
Unfortunately brushes are a very personal thing so nobody can advise you what you will find best. You are never going to get the perfect brush that will suit all applications. This is why most of us have a collection of brushes. Quickloc makes it easier to swap one brush for another.

[media]

[/media]
This video appears to be made before Alex introduced the Ultimate brushes to his range, but the same principles apply.

Brush Guide - Brush Guide - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles & Brushes - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Personally I have a Supreme flocked brush on my SLX40. Its slightly heavier than the Extreme brush I had on there before but imo it cleans better.

On my SLX22 I have an Ultimate medium soft which works nicely on most windows. I think it works well on old paint flaky sash windows as well. I have 2mm pencil jets in this brush.

I have a second SLX22 with an Ultimate flocked on it for leaded windows. It is splayed so isn't perfect for leaded but it a good compromise. I had that brush fitted with fan jets, but I honestly prefer pencils as the water is more controllable. I rinse off the glass, so this is an issue with fans in my experience. (Other cleaners love fan jets.) I added a set of pencil jets to this brush as well, so can swap between them pretty quickly.

My son dislikes my medium soft as he says is too soft. He complains the moment he has to use a brush other than his Supreme stiff brush. I can't get on with his stiff brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
medium/soft

flocked

medium

stiff

?
Flocked

i only want it for cleaning PVC window frames when I'm doing the glass..

would fan or pencil jets be better?

I always use ultimate flock for wood and leaded, and medium soft with pencils for everything else, except fsg and connie roof which I use a flock sill with fanjets.

Back