Your worst job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Posh, Feb 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Taking it further what has been/is your worst job. Mine was got a nice little job. 3 bed house conny and conny roof clean £30. Lovely me thinks. Nice house nice people. Did all job but could not get to other side of conny without going next door. My custys said I could they had sorted it out with them. Got round there and was nearly sick. Must have been 6 months of dog **** round there. Never seen anything like it. Must have been the neighbours from hell. What a difference between 2 houses. Back there again in 2 weeks. Might invest in a gas mask.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Don't waste your money on a gas mask Posh, just buy a nose peg :(

I'm not too sure on my worst job, got a few in my head. I'll come back when I've had a think.

James.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I have a large detatched house which has these wooden 'frames' over the windows, to make it look like old fashioned small, seperate panes. This is not unusual, however, while most of these types have the 'false frames' against the glass, the ones on these windows sit about an inch away from them, and the squares are slightly to small to get my brush in properly. I hate this house with a passion, and dread when its time to do it again!. I have to spend twice as long on it as i should, and am never happy with the results of my clean. If that wasnt bad enough, twice now, i have accidentally set off the burglar alarm through trying to get the glass clean!. I am now very seriously considering dropping it, but that will probably mean, losing another customer at the same time, the guys sister, who pays both houses!.

4. James

James Guru

I think mine has got to be a similar situation to yours Posh. I did a quote for a custy no problem at all, wen't round the back of his garden and it was fine, I gave him the price and arranged a date when I was back in the area again.

A couple of weeks later I returned and obviously he hadn't picked up his dog mess. There was that much of it the smell was horrendous. I nearly through up. Was surprising how a garden could go from very clean to diabolicly disgusting within 2 weeks. Makes me wonder what on earth he was feeding his dogs?

James.

Advertisement