Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Output Pressure of a Di Vessel

Matt03

Hi guys,

I've just bought a water fed pole system on a trolley in a soft water area and it seems that my water is still drying with some spotting and so I was looking to add a di vessel to my setup to enable me to stay mobile yet also give me cleaner water.

My question is....if I were to connect a di vessel via its hose fitting to my trolley, would my 80psi pump (comes as standard with the trolley) be sufficient to pump water through the di vessel and up and out the pole at a rate which will clean properly? Or is it more like an RO system that needs time to shift the water.

Any help is much appreciated!

what make is the is the back pack- or trolley system?are you filling your trolley(backpack)with pure water??if so you shouldnt get spotting.only on poor 1st cleans or bad seals.

It's an impressor 25l trolley system (from eBay, not the best but it's what worked within budget)

The trolley bottles are filled from a tap on-site at the cleaning jobs.

hi matt did you buy this from the" full clean center"bayerstan.when you say you fill the bottles you mean barrels???do you fill the barrels with tap water or run it through a di vessel?just trying to help

Yep exactly, bayersan UK and yes barrels.

I fill them via a tap inside the building. Sadly there's no outdoor tap that I could connect directly to. And the indoor tap won't hold an adaptor to allow me to fill the barrels with pure water.

So my seemingly last option is to add a di vessel in the hope that the output flow is strong enough to work, d'ya get me?

Thanks

I've actually got one from having done hydroponics so yeh I'll get to measuring but can anyone say whether or not water flows out of di vessel sufficiently enough?

It might sound like a daft question but having never used or seen one in action, I figured I best check before I throw some more money at it.

Yes mate. Gravity is enough to push through a Di vessel. A pump will be more than enough. The slower the water goes through, the better.

I've an old ec truncheon from hydroponic days. Is that what you're job a use, cos it ain't quite the same.

@SolarPanelCleaning nah I have both the .ec meter and ppm meters but thanks for the heads up.

Cheers for the advice all

Some people use tap water in their tank and pump that water through a DI in the van, I think WinproClean (can't tag him as he has some funny monikers in his user name) does this. What I can't work out from your posts is if you are using pure water or not @Matt03?

so yes a di would work for you.if you don't have to maul it around as you know theres some weight in even in the smaller di vessels?

hence me enquiring about how the di vessel would fit into my system.
The pump on your trolley will be fine for what you want to do :thumbsup:.

Make a bracket for the DI Vessel to sit-on and secure vessel to back of trolley.

DI after pump......

Tap water into 25l barrel - pump - DI Vessel - hose - pole -brush...

Slow flow is best...

And.....

an 11ltr DI vessel will be fine to push/pulll around when attached to a trolley with a 25l barrel of water :thumbsup:.

here's a pic of where to put DI Vessel.....

http://www.allcleangroup.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Portable_Trolley_Systems.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back