Zero detailing

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by bazzer, Feb 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

been wiping edge of glass after soaping up then squeegeeing absolutely zero detailing to do and takes seconds to wipe and no chance of soap trail when dry thanks to daveyboy as I think I got idea from him nice one feel more confident of a good job now

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

So your detailing before you squeegee rather then after.

So what's the difference. No time saved or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I thought this was going to be another moerman new no detailing squegee thread for a min.
    I'm waiting daveyboy1 :D

4. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

yeah detailing before squeegee works better for me as I always seem to leave a soap trail when I do it after but your right no time saved at all

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You must get through alot of detailing cloths doing it that way though surely?

6. Posh

Posh Hero

So how come you can get the soap off before but not after???

Sorry mate not being funny just inquisitive as always interested in new ideas.

7. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

no because it dosent matter if the cloth is a bit wet as it still takes the water from edge you can even use sill cloth as long as its not caked in shite lol

8. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

I can get it after mate but when I look back theres sometimes a faint line of dried soap doing it the other way never leaves a trace just works for me mate

9. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I've said many times on here that I don't detail at all, except for one job when I have to wash the frames. I wash the frames first then wipe round before squeegeeing as you do, but there is a danger with this, that if it is warm or windy, the glass can dry before you get to it.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Weren't me unless you misconstrued my comments
    You always end up with water on the frames which if left tends to run back along the rubbers onto the glass so i wipe the frames once soaped up with sill cloth leaving minimal water sitting on the frame/rubber edge
    I don't use excessive water on the frames like in the vid but i always wipe them with sill cloth anyway
    Window Cleaning-Wet Frames & Good Blades:

Advertisement