Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How did I ever clean before?

Luke Elliott

Took delivery of my type 1 resi neck swivel head and super scraper from Gardiner's yesterday. Today was the first day I could use them.

My goodness what a difference the swivel head makes. I've always been a stickler for making sure the brush gets into the corners. It therefore infuriates me when people clean a window side on when it's not called for. I've always insisted that people who work with me stand straight on to a window so that the brush is square on the glass. Then move to the next window in like manner. But with the swivel - wow! It encourages you to keep your feet still. So far less footwork in my mind is easier, and possibly quicker? I now do a set of four windows in one cluster without moving. Windows over conservatories were A LOT easier. No more twisting and contorting your body into weird shapes to get at awkward windows. And windows between houses in tight spaces are easier. Ones where you don't have the room to clean straight on. Previously I would hold the pole over my head so that the brush hits the window square. Now you just hold it by your waist and let the resi neck turn the brush.

The super scraper was better than I expected too. By coincidence I did a house where a flock of gulls had clearly had a game of target practice on the rear windows. Without heat I normally end up soaking the windows for a minute and then going back to wash. Most poo comes off just fine like that. But you still get the odd bit that you brush for ages even after soaking. Today I wet the window, then used the scrubber pad to remove all the poo. Even from the frames! Perfect! And effortless!

Sometimes the scraper touches the soffits. The solution to that is an extender angle adopter. Though I would still prefer just a long arm if you're listening MR Gardiner!?

All in though, very good products. Simple and makes our lives easier. Job well done @Alex Gardiner!!

You rinse on the glass with the swivel then @Luke Elliott? I have a swivel and can't get on with it. I tried it on a fascia job that was going up in a point. The brush just kept sliding off the fascia and I spent more time trying to aim it back on than I did cleaning it. Might get it out for the two windows above conny roof tomorrow.

You rinse on the glass with the swivel then @Luke Elliott? I have a swivel and can't get on with it. I tried it on a fascia job that was going up in a point. The brush just kept sliding off the fascia and I spent more time trying to aim it back on than I did cleaning it. Might get it out for the two windows above conny roof tomorrow.
Not sure I get your meaning but here goes. I lift off rinse for anything up to first story. Second story I lift off rinse if I can do it with my 25 SLX. Above that I rinse on the window but I haven't fitted a swivel to those poles. If that's where you're going then I'm with you. I probably won't fit one to the bigger poles for precisely that reason.

Haven't done any fascia cleans with it yet. I will report back when I do.

No, what I meant was, as the swivel can move about when not resting on something, do you not find it hard to rinse off the glass with it? Maybe mine wasn't tightened up enough?

No, what I meant was, as the swivel can move about when not resting on something, do you not find it hard to rinse off the glass with it? Maybe mine wasn't tightened up enough?
Ah if your swivel was moving without resting on something then yeah I would say it's not tight enough. I set mine so that it wouldn't move until I twisted the pole while the brush was against the window.

Took delivery of my type 1 resi neck swivel head and super scraper from Gardiner's yesterday. Today was the first day I could use them.
My goodness what a difference the swivel head makes. I've always been a stickler for making sure the brush gets into the corners. It therefore infuriates me when people clean a window side on when it's not called for. I've always insisted that people who work with me stand straight on to a window so that the brush is square on the glass. Then move to the next window in like manner. But with the swivel - wow! It encourages you to keep your feet still. So far less footwork in my mind is easier, and possibly quicker? I now do a set of four windows in one cluster without moving. Windows over conservatories were A LOT easier. No more twisting and contorting your body into weird shapes to get at awkward windows. And windows between houses in tight spaces are easier. Ones where you don't have the room to clean straight on. Previously I would hold the pole over my head so that the brush hits the window square. Now you just hold it by your waist and let the resi neck turn the brush.

The super scraper was better than I expected too. By coincidence I did a house where a flock of gulls had clearly had a game of target practice on the rear windows. Without heat I normally end up soaking the windows for a minute and then going back to wash. Most poo comes off just fine like that. But you still get the odd bit that you brush for ages even after soaking. Today I wet the window, then used the scrubber pad to remove all the poo. Even from the frames! Perfect! And effortless!

Sometimes the scraper touches the soffits. The solution to that is an extender angle adopter. Though I would still prefer just a long arm if you're listening MR Gardiner!?

All in though, very good products. Simple and makes our lives easier. Job well done @Alex Gardiner!!
Super scraper sounds good. I bought scrapers for my slx from gardiner, but I had put on a set of fan jets on the brush as well as the pre-installed pencil jets and the tubes seemed to get in the way of the scraper so I took it off. Might try them again though just in case I'm silly.

The resi neck swivel sounds good as well. Got a new customer who has a dormer window above extension at an awkward angle. Also two small velux windows in the middle of the roof of the house above the extension, again at a crazy angle. I have a screw thread attachment on brush so was able to get brush at an ok angle, but this resi sounds the biz. Will have to check the funds at the end of the month.

Though I would still prefer just a long arm if you're listening MR Gardiner!?
Thanks for the detailed review.

I am pleased to say that we now have a long arm version of the swivel in development with tooling being made at the moment. Should get the production run within the next 8 weeks.

Tried my swivel on a conny roof today :thumbsdown: No control when trying to get at the muck in the grooves on the struts.
Strange that. I did a conservatory roof yesterday and loved it. Easier to get into the wedge between the frames as you can turn the brush side ways. That's also how I got the muck off the frames. Did you try tightening it?

Day 2 today; still loving it. Getting more adept at using it too.

Strange that. I did a conservatory roof yesterday and loved it. Easier to get into the wedge between the frames as you can turn the brush side ways. That's also how I got the muck off the frames. Did you try tightening it?
Day 2 today; still loving it. Getting more adept at using it too.
Tightened the **** off it. I can see what you're saying though. Got another glass conny roof to do in the morning with angled glass, so might have another play if I get the rest of the house done sharpish.

I am pleased to say that we now have a long arm version of the swivel in development with tooling being made at the moment. Should get the production run within the next 8 weeks.
And for the meantime Uncle Alex....one-can-do as I mentioned in another thread earlier........

I 'Mixed-n-Matched .

I first tried with the 'Type 1 Swivel' and an 'Extender Angle Adapter'....didn't work for me as it was hard to control, the swivel needs to be at the brush-end.

Soooo,

I used a 'Resi Neck Type 1' and the 'Extender Angle Adapter'.

Undo the 'flip-fast' section end off the 'Angle Adapter' and swap for the end off the 'Type 1 Swivel' /emoticons/wink.png :thumbsup:.

Tightened the **** off it. I can see what you're saying though. Got another glass conny roof to do in the morning with angled glass, so might have another play if I get the rest of the house done sharpish.
Asking a stupid question, but it is a Gardiner Resi-neck swivel you have?

And for the meantime Uncle Alex....one-can-do as I mentioned in another thread earlier........
I 'Mixed-n-Matched .

I first tried with the 'Type 1 Swivel' and an 'Extender Angle Adapter'....didn't work for me as it was hard to control, the swivel needs to be at the brush-end.

Soooo,

I used a 'Resi Neck Type 1' and the 'Extender Angle Adapter'.

Undo the 'flip-fast' section end off the 'Angle Adapter' and swap for the end off the 'Type 1 Swivel' /emoticons/wink.png :thumbsup:.

Yep, already did that after reading your post in the other thread. It does make it very long though. So I use it when I need it. A standard long arm would be ideal.

Back