Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain

me been very lucky and managed....just...to dodge it so far...mind you having said that....if it has rained....you get soaked anyway off every tree, bush etc you touch:(

Managed to get my work done this week apart from 2 houses. Rained after i finished. Got a cheque through post from one custy who noted that it was raining at 6.50pm with a ! after it. Work done around 2pm. Houses were covered in yellow dust, tree pollen? Cloths were a luminous yellow. Could have made a pot of honey with it.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

what do You do when rain is heavy from monday till saturday, stay at home?
yep holiday time:rofl: not done that for ages here thats why i not too happy....i wanna break...to do my own work....

dont worry i get the point...no work means no money ...and the bills dont stop:gush:

any way ....sun is back from wednesday get the shorts on standby...and get stuck in:)

the worst days are the, will it, wont it, rainy days....i have sat here many times staring at the sky and wanting it too rain and not stop so i can get stuck into something else and then the sun comes out:(

then i get to work and of course it pours down:mad:

what do You o when rain is heavy from monday till saturday, stay at home?
I tend to do a lot of car sitting because, despite whatever Is forecast, you never know what will happen with the weather.

Last thursday, I cancelled all my afternoon appointments because it was lashing it down and the forecast said it would continue to do so. As soon as I got home, the sun came out. It stayed dry and bright all afto, so at 4.00pm, I decided to go back out and catch up. I arrived at my first house at 4.10pm and it immediately started to lash down. It didnt stop.

You win some and you lose some. It sometimes pays to sit it out for a while in the car. Have a cuppa and a biscuit.....eye up the lovely ladies passing by......update your books....daydream......drop off a few business cards......listen to some good music......send your mrs mucky texts.......send your favorite lady customers mucky texts........the skys the limit.

Back to me wine now!

like your style mr taytay...i studied the forecast on thursday ...and it looked like i would get a two hour break in the weather and i wanted to finish off two houses..just enough time. i also had a new job of gardening for a custy....

it started out wet and so i went to the gardening first but then it seemed to dry up and i thought i was in my two hour window and so i was panicking that i had missed my chance to clean the two houses ...any way just as i finished the gardening about twelve it chucked it down and so i went home...

and then the sun came out....so i shot off and just finished the two houses and called to see another job and i said i would leave hers as it looked like rain...and when i got home...about 4.10 like you said the heavens opened...so worked okay for me but not always like that:)

ps boddies for me tonight....

Its one of the most frustrating aspects of the job, but nowt you can do but plod on. I dont mind car sitting as I am not the kind of person to get bored.......and I really am a professional daydreamer......plus have an internet phone now.

I am way behind now and the next two days look dodgy......thereafter it looks a lot drier and into the 20s next week.

Started off sampling the nettle beer.....then home brew golden ale......now the lovely but lethal apple wine......going to have to market this!

sounds like a good night...yeh ...me usually asleep in the car....my dad always used to take the pee as he said i was always asleep when he saw me...:hehehe:

Dont worry sully...it will get better.

Its very frustrating, I know......just make the most of the weather when its dry and try and chill and enjoy life when things dont quite go to plan.

The apple wine has kicked in and is making me feel very mellow and philosophical!

I've got to the point now where if its not raining, I go for it. If I have to stop then so be it, but you would may be surprised how many days just threaten to rain without a single drop. If it rains and you, just take it as an opportunity to have a break.

Im constantly checking the weather on me phone with met office app. Neighbour of a custy told me last wk of a norwegian weather site called yr.no said it was really accurate.

I know some window cleaners that work in light rain if its not windy as wont hit the windows, i would be sheepish trying to do that. 2 wks ago saw a wfp person in pouring rain with his hood up workin away, totally soaked, think that would giv us a bad name.

Rainin at 1 pm for a short while, where im hoping to work tommorow only got 7 houses to do. Then lunch at 1 then try another 2 elsewhere. Who knows, need to take me knitting gear, get the wooly hats done for winter, or ive got a ukelele n do some busking, cant play it, but could do my own version of singin in the rain " im cryin in the rain im cryin in the rain what a orrible feeling" .

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

crack on regardless . i havnt lost a day to weather in a very long time and with a crew of workers cant afford to hav them sittin in a van costin me dearly. they want their money,and so do i

very few customers are bothered about it, those that are, get rid .

supposed to be showers today.....yeh showers my ars...e....brightened up at 3.30 and was getting worried that staying at home was wrong but it was right soon peeeeing down again....looking forward to better wednesday onwards....

Didnt go out today due to watching met office weather app saying it would rain, watched briefly window cleaners in my street working away in light rain, only rained shortly in morning. However spent some time at the park with my 2 year old. He loves all the window cleaning gear, hopefully that will last another 14 years and he can help me out. The joys of being your own boss;)

If it's forecast occasional showers then just get out there & read a paper/magazine/book when it chucks down
I did that....was sat in the car from 8am till midday, but then the rain eased and I got a full 6 hours work in. I nearly called it a day at 11am as the forecast was dire, but patience an persistance paid off.

So I'm guessing when It's peeing it down your crew tell customers their getting a more expensive hybrid window clean as it's a cross between trad & pure water window cleaning

hmmm..but you left my windows wet I hear the old folk say /emoticons/biggrin.png

crack on regardless . i havnt lost a day to weather in a very long time and with a crew of workers cant afford to hav them sittin in a van costin me dearly. they want their money,and so do i
very few customers are bothered about it, those that are, get rid .

Back