Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Trolley System

windowsurfer

View attachment 2628

This is my set up. Trolley system and Gardiner slx25 with Aquatap fitted from DAQUA based in Stirling.

I have a step from Wickes, which is my best friend for doing bottoms and bungalows tradstyle. Like to view it as my surf board. Riding the waves of the soapy suds. Fits on back at an angle and roof rack strap to keep it in place. Before the step I was trying to carry an A frame ladder as well as holding wfp, not easy.

View attachment 2629 I got annoyed by the crocodile clip charger it came with, so my dad gave me his golf trolley charger, which has a plug-in socket, so simples now. Thanks dad:)

Had other picture of the wickes step in action, but computer saying their to big to load:( Great for large windows as platform quite wide so there is a bit of space to move left/right.

Big issue I'm having is the gardiner pole hose is kinking terribly, and I am continuously having to try and unkink different parts of it when extending pole. This issue is probably due to using the handle of trolley for winding it up, needs a small reel that could be easily fitted on/off. Have to look for one.

Trolley is a bit heavy lifting in/out of my astra estate, probably around the weight of 25ltr barrel or lighter, but I do like it for wheeling round houses on the level, which most of mine are, however if there is a few steps it would be a pest humfing it up and down.

I only carry 4 x 25 ltr barrels usually lasts me the day up to now, as I'm quite slow. I have a Gardiner back pack for access issues(steps) with the trolley, keep that about 2/3 full, as just carry it to where I need it to do a couple of one of jobs.

Now thinking of a van for carrying more barrels or a tank, or trailer to carry more water. Money tight tho.

Thought I share my setup if anyone thinking about a trolley system:thumbsup: Still all a work in progress.

Thank you for feed back. Will consider the hose tidy. been rained off twice now however thunder n lightening here in perth. Not sure if i should get out of car as got ladders of roof. got a new customer n she has passd another im away to see about so silver lining on my cloud. after that packin up as not wantin to lose any more hair to lightening.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

It's no fun being caught out in a lightning storm especialy like me up an ali ladder doing the gutters on a 2 storey roof.

Was one of those man pants moments I can tell you as I was so scared I nearly crapped myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back