Smurf

Fishscale detailing cloths

Smurf

I've just taken delivery of some parogon microfiber fishscale glass (detailing) cloths to try out. On first impressions they seem alot better than unger microfiber detailing cloths and work well on getting bug crap/marks off glass too.

I'm well impressed so far and were cheap for decent size 80x60 cm microfiber cloths :)

rjacandwc

These are good cloths. But, if they are the cloths I am thinking of. They tend too take nicks far too easily and your left with a cloth with little straggles of fibre everywhere eventually. I like the paragon original type. They last forever and do a good enough job...

Smurf

I will just see how they go and might try some paragon original awell as if you're like me you can never have too many detailing cloths :thumbsup:

These are good cloths. But, if they are the cloths I am thinking of. They tend too take nicks far too easily and your left with a cloth with little straggles of fibre everywhere eventually. I like the paragon original type. They last forever and do a good enough job...

Luke Elliott

Got a builders clean to do this month on a huge house with Georgian windows. Indoors too. What clothes would you recommend for buffing the glass then? The panels being so small I'm not sure a scrim and squeegee would be a worthwhile approach ?

mrtaytay

I think its rough wooden frames and lead windows that they take nicks from. Otherwise they are very good.

mrtaytay
I will just see how they go and might try some paragon original awell as if you're like me you can never have too many detailing cloths :thumbsup:

Same here smurf......i like loads of detailing cloths. Love to try different ones as well.....the paragon waffle cloths are teasing me now.

mrtaytay
Got a builders clean to do this month on a huge house with Georgian windows. Indoors too. What clothes would you recommend for buffing the glass then? The panels being so small I'm not sure a scrim and squeegee would be a worthwhile approach ?

You need a large fineweave to mop and one to buff. I find the older fineweave micros ( the ones that have been washed loadsa times) are best for buffing. I keep banging on about them, but paragons marine drying cloths are excellent moppers.....quite bulky in the hand though, as they are thicker than a traditional fineweave.

Luke Elliott
Are they about the same size as in this vid 2.10 in?

[media]

[/media]

Smaller mate. You could barely get a 6inch squeegee in there and it won't rotate.

Luke Elliott
You need a large fineweave to mop and one to buff. I find the older fineweave micros ( the ones that have been washed loadsa times) are best for buffing. I keep banging on about them, but paragons marine drying cloths are excellent moppers.....quite bulky in the hand though, as they are thicker than a traditional fineweave.

Got any links?

Smurf

How old are the windows as that seems tiny even for historic georgian frames?:eek:

Smaller mate. You could barely get a 6inch squeegee in there and it won't rotate.

Smurf

After ordering 5 directly someone posted a link to their ebay shop so I complained about the price difference and got a free extra cloth for my troubles:rolleyes:

mrtaytay
After ordering 5 directly someone posted a link to their ebay shop so I complained about the price difference and got a free extra cloth for my troubles:rolleyes:

Nice one smurf and they are very quick at dispatching.

Smurf

Will know next time to order from fleebay instead then:thumbsup:

Nice one smurf and they are very quick at dispatching.