Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

jet washing a house walls quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

Hi just got this email

HI

could you give me a rough idea of cost for jetwashing the outside of our 4 bedroom detached house. The walls have a hardened coating called Protectacoat.

Many thanks.

xxx

i was wondering what's that PROTECTACOAT ?! never heard before - also I think powerwashing a house is not a good idea is it ?

powerwashing would probably do more damage than good and if its algae stained it can be very hard to remove unless your running a hot washer and possibly with a chemical . i cleaned a house recently which was done with k render which is similar to protectakote , i used sodium hydrochlorite or hypo as its known , it was sprayed on to the walls and left to dwell and within 15 to 20 mins the walls were spotless and the a quick rinse with the washer on half throttle . price wise i would charge a minium of 350 because the hypo will cost you roughly 30 quid also there could be a full days work in it , if you can get some pics up it would me an idea of how dirty the render is . the important thing when using hypo is to protect yourself with full ppe , especially your eyes and hands , also all windows have to be covered with plastic as hypo will etch the glass and is near impossible to remove , and finally it will also damage flowers lawns and pets , obviously the safest bet is to carry out a sample clean in a discreet area to be sure the the render dosent react with the render and to be sure that it removes all the stains

Back