Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

These windows are a real hassle to do

mrtaytay

I have been doing these windows for nearly three years but still find them a hassle to do......I use a pole (obviously) and squeegee down from the top, following the curved edge.....first the right side then the left side...then carry on squeegeeing the remaining water left in the middle. There is always a risk of leaving a blade mark doing it this way, so i always buff up with a fineweave in a clamp. I suppose the ideal way to do these windows would be to fan them with pole and squeegee, but I find this very difficult with an unger pole and squeegee. Squeegeeing the water right down to the bottom is also quite difficult as its level with your feet and you have to stand a distance away because of the flat glass window in front of you (which cant be stood on).

I presume its a window crying out for a wagtail??

I must develop my pole skills.

View attachment 2631

Yep, wagtail would do a nice job of them mate. You'll be amazed how quick you'll pick up wagtailing on ground level, it makes pole work a whole lot easier.

Tbh taytay, I took to it on the first day- it feels very natural once you get going. I don't feel particularly good at it in normal use though because the only time I ever use it is on very awkward windows at strange angles and heights where I cant get a ladder to it.

Tbh taytay, I took to it on the first day- it feels very natural once you get going. I don't feel particularly good at it in normal use though because the only time I ever use it is on very awkward windows at strange angles and heights where I cant get a ladder to it.
Looks like its my next piece of kit

I have been doing these windows for nearly three years but still find them a hassle to do......I use a pole (obviously) and squeegee down from the top, following the curved edge.....first the right side then the left side...then carry on squeegeeing the remaining water left in the middle. There is always a risk of leaving a blade mark doing it this way, so i always buff up with a fineweave in a clamp. I suppose the ideal way to do these windows would be to fan them with pole and squeegee, but I find this very difficult with an unger pole and squeegee. Squeegeeing the water right down to the bottom is also quite difficult as its level with your feet and you have to stand a distance away because of the flat glass window in front of you (which cant be stood on).
I presume its a window crying out for a wagtail??

I must develop my pole skills.
This is easier to use and cheap! [media]

[/media]

Yup, Wagtail on a pole will do them windows easily.

Just make sure you have an 'angle adapter' or an 'adjustable angle' on the pole.

Or you can make your own 'curved adapter' (as in the vid) by heating-up electrical conduit with a heatgun.

Do any of the above and you will/should be able to 'Fan' windows of any shape down to floor level....

if too awkward to finish at floor level, just finish-off with a side pull.

Is that a glass window you have to use your pole system to get over too the glass window then?... If so.... Could you not have a word and ask to leave a plank up there and do the walk?... Nice thick wide plank, not too heavy?... I can't really work out what the photo has in it... So, just a idea!

Or. Could you not pole from the left side and then the right rather than pole work over the top/in front. Mind the window maybe loads bigger than what it looks in the photo.

Yup, Wagtail on a pole will do them windows easily.
Just make sure you have an 'angle adapter' or an 'adjustable angle' on the pole.

Or you can make your own 'curved adapter' (as in the vid) by heating-up electrical conduit with a heatgun.

Do any of the above and you will/should be able to 'Fan' windows of any shape down to floor level....

if too awkward to finish at floor level, just finish-off with a side pull.
Cheers bingo. I do have a plastic unger angle adapter....I find its not rigid enough....bends very easily.

Is that a glass window you have to use your pole system to get over too the glass window then?... If so.... Could you not have a word and ask to leave a plank up there and do the walk?... Nice thick wide plank, not too heavy?... I can't really work out what the photo has in it... So, just a idea!
Or. Could you not pole from the left side and then the right rather than pole work over the top/in front. Mind the window maybe loads bigger than what it looks in the photo.
It is a big window....and you are right, if I coukd get right up to it by standing on a plank on top of the flat window then it would be a piece of pee. It might be a good idea if I made some kind of wooden stand...I could keep it up there for each monthly visit. I am just a bit wary of putting any pressure on the flat glass window....its not safety glass and has warning notices stating such to the side.

It is a big window....and you are right, if I coukd get right up to it by standing on a plank on top of the flat window then it would be a piece of pee. It might be a good idea if I made some kind of wooden stand...I could keep it up there for each monthly visit. I am just a bit wary of putting any pressure on the flat glass window....its not safety glass and has warning notices stating such to the side.
yeh not so sure about that mr taytay...sounds scary to me...and did you know you cant kneel on ceramic hobs in kitchens....well lucky it was mine ...i was fitting an extractor fan and oooooppppsssss....crack...:eek:

yeh not so sure about that mr taytay...sounds scary to me...and did you know you cant kneel on ceramic hobs in kitchens....well lucky it was mine ...i was fitting an extractor fan and oooooppppsssss....crack...:eek:
Oh dear cnc.....more expense. You might be right about the floor window...not worth the risk.

its drinking weather cnc!

Back