Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm sick of cleaning block pavers

Smurf

What a mucky job that is as every time I do one I come home plastered in ****. Even gets in me beard & hair but the best bit when using a turbo nozzle sand & **** gets blasted everywhere.

The look of horror on customers faces is classic though /emoticons/biggrin.png

One I did today I had to cover all the plants, bushes and hard landscaping including around the pond that could not be moved out of the way.

Then whilst cleaning it ended up looking like a swimming pool of sludge water as it cold not drain away properly.

I could not be arsed to get me wetvac out of the van so when the customer said "I know I will get my pond vac on that no problem" I just let him carry on as you do /emoticons/biggrin.png

To be honest I was impressed how well this thing worked for such a cheap wetvac as was also setup to auto empty

http://www.swelluk.com/pond/pond-vacs-maintenance-58/pond-vacs-301/oase-pondovac-start-39759.html

Here is the vid on youtube

[media]

[/media]

well i never....me got a pond too....could add that and swimming pool maintenance to the list of jobs we do.....................yeh using the power washer the other day just to get rid of the weeds was fun ...that muck sure does travel...:rofl:

Think they call that look "everything goes south at my age" /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's probably why I keep my cloths on in public now so not to scare anyone

Sorry to ask about pressure washers again smurf, but I can't remember where it was we were talking about it. Whats the minimum spec you would consider for a washer? As in operating pressures, LPM etc. I've got a few jobs lined up so its happening this month.

yeh me only using the toy one at 110 bar....what damage could i do with a proper one:rofl: for certain i would have goggles on.....

there are two ages noted for me ...one was thirty....marked with the sudden appearance of the belly...

and fifty....going towards fifty is uphill and looking at the blue sky once there you suddenly realise you are at the top of the hill and looking down at the ground below..hmmm 54 now...so i try to slow down and enjoy life these days....mind you some would say i couldnt go much slower...:eek:ldy:

From my experience I would say a 13 hp honda gx390, reduction gearbox, 3000 psi 15 lpm interpump would be my min spec washer I would want to use now. I've found anything less takes forever to clean domestic hard surfaces as it's the combination of pressure and flow rate that speeds up the cleaning process.

Sorry to ask about pressure washers again smurf, but I can't remember where it was we were talking about it. Whats the minimum spec you would consider for a washer? As in operating pressures, LPM etc. I've got a few jobs lined up so its happening this month.

P.s Best stay clear of those really cheap new china washers on ebay being sold for £200- £300 as will not last.

Cheers Smurf, those things are pricey but I'll try and price my jobs accordingly if you know what I mean. /emoticons/wink.png

You can sometimes get lucky and pickup a good used spec washer I mentioned above or even one with a better ws202 3000 psi 21 lpm interpump from the likes of ebay.

Buying new they are expensive for sure but you will soon recover the cost and will have a washer that will last years when looked after.

You can sometimes get lucky and pickup a good used spec washer I mentioned above or even one with a better ws202 3000 psi 21 lpm interpump from the likes of ebay.
Buying new they are expensive for sure but you will soon recover the cost and will have a washer that will last years when looked after.
Cheers Smurf I'll stay away from the cheap ones, and I'll keep an eye out for a decent one. Already got 2 job booked for it, and a possible 3rd. Thanks for the advice.

No probs /emoticons/wink.png

Cheers Smurf I'll stay away from the cheap ones, and I'll keep an eye out for a decent one. Already got 2 job booked for it, and a possible 3rd. Thanks for the advice.

No probs /emoticons/wink.png
Hi Smurf - could you help me to give a quote for this please : )

8x9 m Patio , 1x25 around the pond , 12x1 by the house - about 100m2 ?!

Also I never worked around a pond - how do you keep it clean ?! shall I use any oxygen bleach or better without anything

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very nice...I've always wanted one of those but is an animal running at 21 lpm:thumbsup:

So have you used it yet or is that going to be your first job?

yes I did use it for about 9 hours - works fantastic , Just have to carry a 125 L tank around feeded from the main tap - to keep the machine working : )

Last edited:
Back