Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Balloon

good idea Barryy..can save a lot of hassle as they keep all the muck from catching and blocking the downspouts....and whos stupid idea was it to start putting a screw through the downspout to hold it in place as the sharp end just starts the clogging up process quicker...and seen it a lot on water butts / diverters as well so sell it as an essential item...which it is.../emoticons/smile.png

No good if the roof is covered in moss as will soon block that ballon as I found out last week as only cleared the gutters last month. The side I had put a ballon in that gutter was overflowing again so cleared the blockage from around the ballon and was asked to take it out.

I will put them in if ppl ask but also tell them it's a catch-twenty-two as will help prevent the downspout bends getting blocked but may cause the gutters to get blocked quicker using a ballon in the downspout.

I offer them too. For some people they are a good idea. Like people with screws through their down pipe joints and those who get a lot of leaves and such like.

yes smurf i have a bit of a moss situation on my house cant believe it can come that fast...its maybe twice a year i have to do my own....and i get naff all money for it...the wife wouldnt even notice if the water was like niagra falls.../emoticons/smile.png

No good if the roof is covered in moss as will soon block that ballon as I found out last week as only cleared the gutters last month. The side I had put a ballon in that gutter was overflowing again so cleared the blockage from around the ballon and was asked to take it out.
I will put them in if ppl ask but also tell them it's a catch-twenty-two as will help prevent the downspout bends getting blocked but may cause the gutters to get blocked quicker using a ballon in the downspout.
Soundsto me like the balloon did its job. Better to have a blocked gutter then a blocked drain. ...for us at least anyway. /emoticons/biggrin.png

As well as the places mentioned, they can be bought from B&Q. Off the shelf, they are a little more expensive than Screwfix, but the price comes down with a trade card.

If you don't push them down enough they can also blow out of the downspout in high winds too as I've already found out by one customer /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back