Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Messer Dumped Before The First Clean

Tuffers

Woman rings me up asking for a quote. Ok, I'll call round tomorrow night. Gets there and she says they have to be done on a Monday as it's her day off (no access to garden as it's a linked house). Now, I do a few houses on this estate and I like to keep all my work tied up in areas and not keep driving back and forth. But, as an exception, I would do these on a Monday on my way home. Gave her a 4 and 8 weekly quote and a first clean price. She went for the 8 weekly and agreed to pay 25% more for the first clean. She was desperate for them to be cleaned before 7th June as she is having a party. I sent her a text last night saying I'd be round after 3pm today. She texts back saying ok. I arrive at 3:45 and guess what? She weren't fecking home!

Goodbye Mrs Messer :mad:

Let's hear your messer stories.

u had a lucky escape then. the Asian crowd are nearly always bad messers, oh yes real charmers to get you there in the first place , but then pick holes in your work when it comes to pay up time , then if there are no holes to pick they say you are too quick so you cannot win.

Update, she phoned and left a message; she sent a text at 7:30am on Saturday morning asking if I'd had chance to look at my diary regarding fitting her in. I sent one back saying that I would call after 3pm on Monday (the preferred day for cleaning for her) if that was ok with her. She replied yes ok. So I turn up to clean. Now it seems she thought I'd be phoning after 3pm on the Monday! I give up.

u had a lucky escape then. the Asian crowd are nearly always bad messers, oh yes real charmers to get you there in the first place , but then pick holes in your work when it comes to pay up time , then if there are no holes to pick they say you are too quick so you cannot win.
I think we've all been there mate. I had one try and under pay me by £5 the second time I did it. The wife came out moaning and asking why people always put the prices up. I just said 'that's the price we agreed and I'm not putting my prices up as you say.' And yes after that faults are always found in my work. My Mrs said I should tell them to do one. I quite like the challenge of it myself. The man asked me for a quote for a G/S/F clean last time. I put in a nice big price, he nearly had kittens /emoticons/biggrin.png Love playing them at their own game :sad:

haha sack that job off tuffers b 4 they mess u around any more u should have said they need to pay u fuel for the pointless jurny /emoticons/biggrin.png:D:Dits allways the asians that mess us around not bing funny but its so true i wont take them on any more point blank u never win with them /emoticons/wink.png :rofl:ive had 4 over the years an they have all messed me around one way or the other one of them payed me £27 or there abouts in 50p 20p £1 an 5p u name it i was stood there for over 15 minits wile they count it not inpressed they tryed to not pay me buy sending me a tex of all things saying i dident wipe the fraims when a did they wer shocked when i turned up banging on the door to colect the cash:cool:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Dealing with a messer of my own right now tuffers. Hes coming close to getting the WD40 'clean' someone mentioned in another thread. :hehehe: This was his second clean and hes not payed me or replyed to my texts. His last cleaner sacked him off and it seems now I know why. We could really do with a black list on here. Anyway tuffers, don't let it bother you, its better to find out now then later mate.

Not being funny @Tuffers but you did say you would be there a 3:00 but you decided to stroll up at 3:45. I bet you never called to say you where running late either. Shame on you for messing her about like that. :laugh:

Woman rings me up asking for a quote. Ok, I'll call round tomorrow night. Gets there and she says they have to be done on a Monday as it's her day off (no access to garden as it's a linked house). Now, I do a few houses on this estate and I like to keep all my work tied up in areas and not keep driving back and forth. But, as an exception, I would do these on a Monday on my way home. Gave her a 4 and 8 weekly quote and a first clean price. She went for the 8 weekly and agreed to pay 25% more for the first clean. She was desperate for them to be cleaned before 7th June as she is having a party. I sent her a text last night saying I'd be round after 3pm today. She texts back saying ok. I arrive at 3:45 and guess what? She weren't fecking home!

Not bothered TAP, maybe I should have made it clearer in my text that I was calling to clean, as she thinks I was calling ie phoning on the Monday.

Oh well, if people want their windows cleaned they will have to fit in with me from now on.

Not being funny @Tuffers but you did say you would be there a 3:00 but you decided to stroll up at 3:45. I bet you never called to say you where running late either. Shame on you for messing her about like that. :laugh:
I said I would call after 3:00 @Smurf. You still got a hangover? :rolleyes:

ppl don't just sit at home all day long waiting for the window cleaner to turn up you know tuffers

How would you like it if you where told smurf will be over at 3:00 then I never bothered to phone so when it got to 3:40 you had to go out so you would think sod smurf I'm of out.

I can read still even when having a beer like tonight you know

Just so you understand yourself what you actualy said I will highlight in pink below /emoticons/biggrin.png

Read the original post you silly boy. They had to be done on a Monday (her day off). I said I would call AFTER 3pm. If she wants them done on a certain day she has to make sure she is there. If I said I'd call at 9am and didn't call until 3:45 she would have a point IMO.

The problem me and her seem to have is what the definition of call is.

It's my new favourite colour @Tuffers as to be honest I getting rather sick of blue for some strange reason /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh me had one in the run up to xmas when as you know it gets a bit hectic...oh i will be in....so i said well if you nip out leave the money around the back....oh i will be in...she was out ...the money wasnt there i didnt even turn my engine off...not seen her since..did next door too...didnt leave the money...all gone now..hated that bloomin estate anyway...

.some areas i just dont like...one was quite good really but it sent me mad trying to work out who had paid and who hadnt and all them bloomin gates and washing lines and everyone:specs:specs:specs at me so let the lot go...well they wanted monthly and at the time i was too busy.

.some you win some you lose but ya gotta be happy in your work../emoticons/biggrin.png.

this forums much better n cleanitup- cos its honest . i got struck off cleanitup cos i told a few home truths about the asian messer lot . thing is ,all us cleaners on the street know how it is , so why try and conceal the truth

all i can think is the mod over there is one of em ,lol

this forums much better n cleanitup- cos its honest . i got struck off cleanitup cos i told a few home truths about the asian messer lot . thing is ,all us cleaners on the street know how it is , so why try and conceal the truth
all i can think is the mod over there is one of em ,lol
haha very true i also got struck off there:D to b honist i never liked thast forum any way so they done me a faver:cool: dont think i even did more than 30 posts

hmmm well i had to have a look at ciu , not been back since....:laugh:

yeh you have to be careful what you say but.....i loved permitted development on tv recently, dont worry most people missed it ....its about planning permission....and there was one about the plans to expand a mosque......but really it didnt have anywhere near the amount of car parking space that was required....it was passed...but guess who was in charge of the planning committee:whistle:...

Back